User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Too Much

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash
    You seem to have deleted it more because you don't want it rather than " it was in the wrong place". It's not like I started a new thread directly to talk about that, I stated it to try to lighten the mood and then, right after, talked about Nash's training. Am I not allowed to talk about other threads in a different section? Once more I was never rude or state my opinion on either end of the conrrsation but rather just a aid let's be more civil and stop arguing because a lot of people have been leaving. I didn't even really bring up the topic of plastic toys very much so I am still confused. Could I not talk about a Senegal parrot in the budge section? Isn't that the same concept?
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by lolsavannahh View Post
    You seem to have deleted it more because you don't want it rather than " it was in the wrong place". It's not like I started a new thread directly to talk about that, I stated it to try to lighten the mood and then, right after, talked about Nash's training. Am I not allowed to talk about other threads in a different section? Once more I was never rude or state my opinion on either end of the conrrsation but rather just a aid let's be more civil and stop arguing because a lot of people have been leaving. I didn't even really bring up the topic of plastic toys very much so I am still confused. Could I not talk about a Senegal parrot in the budge section? Isn't that the same concept?
    It belongs in this subforum, Savannah. Here is your content that I removed:

Quote Originally Posted by lolsavannahh
    Wow so I was gone for a couple hours and things really heated up here.. This tends to happen a lot on here...I try to stay out of it because frankly I just don't care. At all. Arguing online with random strangers makes me feel nothing and I hope you will all feel the same way so we can move on with our happy lives and talk about how pretty our birds are instead of trying to make each-other our own puppets to do and say what we do and say, everyone has their own opinion and it seems to be more like everyone thinks they're the Dictator. Lets all get along and unless someone posts a picture of their bird inside of an alligator's head, lets try to be civil about our disagreements.

( there is obviously a time and place where a birds life could be in danger, of course, and we need to speak up because we are ALL very educated and passionate about birds.. but more often then not on here things get way too heated way too fast and every single person on here takes it personally. I believe it was Luna who said something along the lines of " It's not you as a person we are arguing against, it is your opinion we do not like".. Stop taking every inch of criticism to heart people!! Someone could say they don't like your hat but that doesn't mean they don't like you! WE love and appreciate every one of you and we all know you love your birds dearly.. if you don't agree with something and it is not absolutely life threatening 90%+ of the time, just don't say anything! They will learn from their mistakes!
    Certainly, when you are discussing bird matters you can reference other threads and even quote other discussions. But when you have a serious gripe with someone, management or otherwise, it belongs in the Controversial Topics section. That's what it was created for. And your speculation about my intent for editing your post is just that: a guess, that if true would benefit your argument. But your guess is entirely erroneous. Your statement to the contrary is effectively accusing me of lying about the issue. I do not at all appreciate that.

Allow me to pose some questions to you, Savannah: How far do you feel you would have gotten with your current approach in this matter (i.e., being publicly confrontational to a site administrator, or even to a super moderator) on one of the other companion bird forums? Do you think they would have allowed you to express the public confrontational content you've published here? Do you believe that you would have escaped a ban? Please let me know.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

3. The following user likes this post:

The Pinkertons (05-18-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    From my perspective, I didn't find Tony's caution about the plastic parts to be necessarily offensive. From what I have observed, that is the practice when safety issues come up. Although it was a TNT toy, I think it could have been anyone's toy and the warning would have been the same. It's unfortunate that it kind of blew up from there. However, I will say this,I have been and am on other forums and haven't seen other administrators and/or moderators being challenged as has happened here. I don't necessarily agree with the approach taken, but if I had an issue, I would privately message to get clarity before I create more controversy.
    This has gone way past the point of being useful, IMO. The message regarding safety has been totally lost and that's a shame.

5. The following 5 users like this post:

Karen (05-18-2016), kendrafitz (05-18-2016), Penny (05-19-2016), plax (05-18-2016), The Pinkertons (05-18-2016)

Parrots

Green Winged Macaw - Kady (male) Green Winged Macaw - Kita (female)
    I wish I could offer some words of wisdom to make all this better but all I can say is; the caution came from a place of love and caring. IMO, there was no malice intended toward any person or business.

Any one of us on any given day could be the messenger because we all have the birds as our first interest. We are their voice and it falls on us to speak for them if we see something that may harm them. We all have topics that are close to the heart too. As a group I'd like to think we can accept that. We can say thank you for the heads up, choose if that information is relevant to our situation and move on.

We all come from a place of love and caring. Could we all take a deep breath.

7. The following 5 users like this post:

kendrafitz (05-19-2016), Lady (05-19-2016), Mare (05-20-2016), plax (05-19-2016), The Pinkertons (05-19-2016)

Parrots

I agree with what Tony said! I totally do not think hard plastics should be in bird toys regardless of who makes them, I am not trying to further the issue or take sides! I was referencing the argument in general ( it could have been about anything ) and voicing an OPINION that I believe Tony did not handle it in a way that I THINK would have been more effective. Never was I criticizing Tony or trying to, but just his method of handling it was not what I would have done but it's totally fine that he did what he did, I cannot control other people.

I don't know why this has heated up and I am sorry for being so brash about it. This forum is good only when you talk about pretty birds or something of the sort, whenever it gets into controversial topics everyone gets very angry at one another and someone always leaves. Yes, I pointed Tony out because I thought he could handle the criticism, but it could have been anyone that I would have named! Everyone gets out of hands sometimes and of course I do too. I believe I have gotten out of hand here in this argument, but tone of voice does not travel well online and people need to realize that before bashing other people.

I do not have a serious gripe with anyone and certainly not you Tony. You are misreading the entire situation.
    This is not about other companion forums this isn't even about this one! I am confused why this has gone so far! I never accused you of lying about anything I don't understand where you got that from at all!

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    I agree with what Tony said! I totally do not think hard plastics should be in bird toys regardless of who makes them
    That's good to hear.

This forum is good only when you talk about pretty birds or something of the sort, whenever it gets into controversial topics everyone gets very angry at one another and someone always leaves.
    I'll tell you one of the main reasons that happens. It's because of our virtual no ban / no censorship policy here. Our members can say pretty much whatever they wish, as long as it's not deliberately malicious or unsafe, and as long as it's posted under the correct forum category. With freedom like this some folks will take the initiative and go a bit overboard with criticism. At times it may even border on social bullying (i.e., a collective attack against one individual - typically myself). But I should also say that the criticisms and attacks that I will allow upon myself, I will not tolerate against another member. So please always be mindful of that reality. A virtual no ban policy doesn't mean that bans never happen.

I do not have a serious gripe with anyone and certainly not you Tony. You are misreading the entire situation.
    I'm not so sure that I am. And that's because when you post things like:

Glad my opinion was removed from that post up there about recent events, glad to see my assumption was right, this is a totalitarianism.
    ...it really says the opposite: that you do/did have a major gripe with me. And it would be me who your gripe is/was with, since I'm the owner and administrator of this website and because I'm the one who edited your post. No matter, though. If you've simmered down that's the important thing

I am confused why this has gone so far! I never accused you of lying about anything I don't understand where you got that from at all!
    Well Savannah, I'll tell you where I got it from... I got it from your following text:

You seem to have deleted it more because you don't want it rather than " it was in the wrong place".
    You posted that statement after I explained to you that I edited out your complaint text from the Training forum because it didn't belong there. The only thing I can infer from your above words is that you feel my explanation is not truthful and that my intent was actually to censor you.

So there you have it.

Parrots

I believe we have come to a consensus, and I am glad! I don't know what I would do if I were to be banned for a simple misunderstanding on both parts.. I never meant to be rude or accuse you of lying. and like I said it's nothing to do with Tony! Love you all!

11. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-19-2016), kendrafitz (05-19-2016), plax (05-19-2016)

Banned

You are loved...welcome home , glad you reconsidered life is to short to let this kind of misunderstanding get in the way.
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 05-20-2016 at 03:57 AM.

13. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-19-2016), kendrafitz (05-19-2016), Mare (05-19-2016), Penny (05-22-2016), plax (05-19-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I've been out of town for a few days and happy to see things have worked out..Tony...don't do that again!

Administrator

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    I've been out of town for a few days and happy to see things have worked out..Tony...don't do that again!

EDIT:
    Humor aside, my warning in post #4 is valid and was warranted. There will be no apologies for that. I will warn in a similar manner whenever necessary. I encourage other members to do the same. Bird safety will remain the priority on this message board.

16. The following 4 users like this post:

Lady (05-21-2016), Mare (05-20-2016), Penny (05-21-2016), The Pinkertons (05-22-2016)