User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parrot jesses

Parrots

TAG, GW
    Jean-Pierre

I do not know. I know of few birds who have survived (well actually I don't know of any but would like to think some have) after having their legs pulled out of the hip socket so would not take the chance.

Parrots

Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
    My entire reason for buying a Pak-O-Bird is so that I could enjoy Nike outside and that other's could as well. If I thought any of the tethering devices were actually something that I could use I would have gone that way but I think that they are either dangerous or require too much training or are just not going to be tolerated by Nike.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    &

3. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-19-2016)

Parrots

Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
    If thise wouldn't make me look foolish I would have ordered one to try as well

Thanks,
    Bill
    &

5. The following user likes this post:

Shyra (05-18-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bill-e View Post
    My entire reason for buying a Pak-O-Bird is so that I could enjoy Nike outside and that other's could as well. If I thought any of the tethering devices were actually something that I could use I would have gone that way but I think that they are either dangerous or require too much training or are just not going to be tolerated by Nike.
    Good Point ...And by the way I really love Nike's Back Pack. Would come in handy in an emergency situation also. I took a look at the website and saw they have a carrier for 2 birds and can be customized as well, after looking at yours I'm seriously thinking about investing in it. It's an investment worth investing in. Pardon the pun.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bill-e View Post
    If thise wouldn't make me look foolish I would have ordered one to try as well

Your right that's silly looking ...Looks a sidecar on a motorcycle. If I had a bird on my shoulder out in the open, Then I would use a harness or the jesses. Keeping the bird closely leashed to my body to prevent fright flight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Hmmm, is your reasoning based on scientific research or just based on the fact that parrots legs look too skinny? Parrots are quite happy to hang upside down from one foot when they are playing.
    Very interesting deduction

9. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-19-2016)