User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another need food that Nike will eat

Parrots

TAG, GW
    I wish my birds would eat something like crazy corn. That would make for a quick meal for them on nights I don't want to cook. On a side note my grey does the same thing as Nike. Her door always looks bad. Putting a short perch on the inside of the door has helped for when the door is closed.

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Example, the Pak-O-Bird was about $50 delivered less expensive from Amazon than buying it from any place else including the Manufacturer and it is being sold by the manufacturer on Amazon and shipped from the manufacturer...go figure
    Don't question it, just rejoice and take advantage.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bill-e View Post
    You might notice some poop on the front bars and door of her cage. She spends a significant amount of time clinging to the front of the cage when she wants out. I have to have a plastic sheet on the floor in front of the cage because her poop can shoot out a couple of feet. Needless to say the front of her cage get's covered in poop while the rest of the cage including the bottom grate remains mostly un-targeted.

I use Poop-Off followed by some F10SCXD Veterinary Disinfectant/Cleanser
    Your a good PAPA

Parrots

Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyra View Post
    I wish my birds would eat something like crazy corn. That would make for a quick meal for them on nights I don't want to cook. On a side note my grey does the same thing as Nike. Her door always looks bad. Putting a short perch on the inside of the door has helped for when the door is closed.
    Nike is very picky but she eats both Kung Foo Yum by Crazy Corn and Bean Supreme by Goldenfeast.

She likes fruit but I have a difficult time getting to eat sweet potato and squash and nothing green. Does not eat peppers either and is on the fence when it comes to Nutriberries. Likes Cashews, Brazil nuts...too lazy for almonds, wont look at pine nuts which are still in the shell but loves them at the $10/ 1/4 pound bakers price

Her eating the Kung Foo Yum is a big deal for me because it has lots of good ingredients.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    &

Parrots

TAG, GW
    My birds are picky about eating vegetables and such too. Seems like the healthier it is for them the more they turn their nose up at it. I buy a lot of dried and freeze dried vegetables, put them in the chopper until they are a powder and then make bird bread out of them. It's about the only way I can get them to eat a lot of foods like sweet potato or even oatmeal.

I've tried the bean supreme but not the crazy corn. Next time I place an order for bird food I'll pick up some of the Kung Foo Yum and give it a try. I'm constantly trying new things for them, not that they appreciate any of it. At the very least the wild birds outside will have another treat to try. The squirrels love the avicakes and nutriberries I've been giving them.

6. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (05-17-2016), Lady (05-18-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I think they are all just like kids, never eat anything that is good for them. Waits for backlash from people with goody-goody parrots that love to eat their greens.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom