User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another need food that Nike will eat

Parrots

Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)

Another neat food that Nike will eat

I brought Nike to my brd supply shop to both get her nails trimmed and pick up some food. First, they dremmeled her nails fairly quickly and I only heard a couple of complaints from her...and she was friendly and back to normal as soon as they finished.

Second, I went there also to pick up and try some Crazy Corn products, Kung Foo Yum and Poly Pasta. I'm sure most of you are familiar with it but it was new to me.

I got home and made some Kung Foo Yum and Nike dove into it and ate for about 10 minutes, she apparently really like it. It was difficult to make a small batch and the bag only had directions for the entire contents but I boiled about 2/3 cup of water and put in about a half cup of product. That seemed to cook well and the product absorbed all the liquid upon cooling....I fed some and froze the rest.

I'll try the pasta in a few days after I used up most of the frozen Yum and report back.

http://www.crazycorn.com/products.htm
    Last edited by bill-e; 05-14-2016 at 12:41 PM.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    &

2. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-15-2016)

Parrots

Just snapped this. What's interesting is that I just put this bowl in the cage, it has never been in there before and normally she would stay away from it for a day or two until she was sure it wasn't going to attack her. But it took her all of 1 minute to discover that the bowl contained a serving of Kung Foo Yum and she went right to it...has been there for 10 minutes. It's gratifying when I can find something that this fussy bird likes.

She's in the middle of a molt as well.

Thanks,
    Bill
    &

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-15-2016), Lady (05-16-2016), Mare (05-15-2016)

Parrots

You might notice some poop on the front bars and door of her cage. She spends a significant amount of time clinging to the front of the cage when she wants out. I have to have a plastic sheet on the floor in front of the cage because her poop can shoot out a couple of feet. Needless to say the front of her cage get's covered in poop while the rest of the cage including the bottom grate remains mostly un-targeted.

I use Poop-Off followed by some F10SCXD Veterinary Disinfectant/Cleanser
    Thanks,
    Bill
    &

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Every bird I have ever had just loved the Kung Foo Yum. I have learned to make it in large batches and freeze in small containers. That way when I am sleepy in the mornings I have those to fall back on. Wish they would make it in larger bags than they do.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I've never heard of this Kung Foo Yum! I'm going to have to add it to the shopping list. I, too, love finding new things that the birds love

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I use Poop-Off followed by some F10SCXD Veterinary Disinfectant/Cleanser
    We do to... but Casper reckons it is important for him to attack both the Poop-off spray and the tub of wipes. It is foolhardy to get your fingers in the way.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

9. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-16-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I've heard of those items but haven't found them locally. Guess I have to do some online shopping to give Lady a taste. Cooking for one is not always easy especially when they don't like it and your stuck with whats left in the bag. The yard critters don't seem to mind tho.

11. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-16-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    We do a mail order shop for all Casper's requirements - food/toys/cleaning products - once every month or two. Added bonus: Caper gets to play in the delivery carton and chew it into holes held together by skinny bits of card.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

13. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-16-2016)

Parrots

Amazon arrives almost 3 times a week here including Sundays . I live an hour away from any consumer shopping area so with Amazon Prime I find it usually less expensive when you consider fuel costs and time to go shopping vs mail order and there are some things like Poop-Off which are half price on Amazon.

Edit: Example, the Pak-O-Bird was about $50 delivered less expensive from Amazon than buying it from any place else including the Manufacturer and it is being sold by the manufacturer on Amazon and shipped from the manufacturer...go figure
    Last edited by bill-e; 05-16-2016 at 01:31 PM.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    &

Parrots

Emailed the company, Celltei, early this morning as asked if they could expedite getting it shipped so I had time with it before Memorial day. Got and email back almost immediately saying they would, then a ship notice from Amazon at 0729am....not bad service. It''s Fedex and New York so I should have it by Wednesday.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    &