User Tag List

Thread: some advice for everyone

Hybrid View

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"

some advice for everyone

If/when any of you notice that the text you've entered within the body of a post contains visible (exposed) leading or trailing BBCode tags (e.g., at the beginning something like: [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][I][B] and at the ending something like: [/B][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]), it means that you've overlooked one or more missing opening or closing BBCode tags. Every opening tag must have a counterpart closing tag, and every closing tag must have a counterpart opening tag. When you see one or more of those exposed hanging tags, you should edit your post to insert the tags that are missing. It will not only make your posts look better... it will as well make them easier to read for everyone . If you want to see all of a message's tags in editor mode, make sure your editor instance is in 'Source Mode'. The Source Mode switch is the left-most button on the upper toolbar row (it has A/A on it).

Thanks

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    There must be a keyboard shortcut to source mode in Chrome that opens up a window in the bottom half of the screen, Casper often finds it when he is stomping across the keyboard. I haven't worked out where it is yet.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    There must be a keyboard shortcut to source mode in Chrome that opens up a window in the bottom half of the screen, Casper often finds it when he is stomping across the keyboard. I haven't worked out where it is yet.
    You won't see the square-bracketed BBCode tags in conventional HTML 'view source' mode. It's best to use the editor button.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Birds are fantastic computer technicians. The only keyboard shortcut I know of is the Ctrl+U to open source code.
    Penny Sebring | Kiki's Castle
    www.kikiscastle.com
    penny@kikiscastle.com

5. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-12-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I've had this happen to me, I just edit the post by deleting all the source code and let it go as is in plain old black text

Administrator

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    I've had this happen to me, I just edit the post by deleting all the source code and let it go as is in plain old black text
    That's one way to deal with it. But if you have quoted text, you should be sure to at least leave the opening and closing quote tags so the quote remains defined. Or you can simply add the quote tags back before submission.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I'm learning, thanks to you .