User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boo & Pumpkin update

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon

Boo & Pumpkin update

Update of how the babies have grown since october 2015

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0709.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	4074

Name:	DSC_0099.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	4075

Name:	DSC_0087.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	4076

Boo in second pic
    Pumpkin in last pic
    Last edited by wingman; 05-09-2016 at 02:42 AM.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (05-16-2016), Lady (05-13-2016), Mare (05-09-2016)

Banned

Their Beautiful

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Such a cute pair of Lovies. Thanks for the update. How is Rio doing?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Beauties! Were they born with black beaks that eventually turn orange/red color?

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    So pretty/handsome (I'm not sure what gender they are)
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    Yes born with black beaks boo is female pumpkin is male i think! Rio is doing great she is sitting on more eggs...

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Funny,
    I just noticed a human face in your signature pic between Rio and Pumpkin & Boo!

They really have grown beautifully. Glad Rio is doing well too.

Hi! I realize this may be futile since the thread is so old, but are these babies peachface and black mask hybrids?? I have one that looks just like them and am so afraid he has and may develop more health issues. I must admit I am actually against hybrids, but when I went to get a second lovie I kind of fell in love with him. These birds are a bit older than Boogie. Do they have any health issues that you are aware of if they are indeed hybrids?
    He came to me with a rather severe wing trimming as a baby, but learned to fly after his first molt. His flight feathers grew back after his first mold and he was flying, but after his second molt NONE of his flight feathers on one side grew back. I know the first response is going to be “take him to the vet,” but I live in a very rural area where the closest avian vet is 2 hours away. I don’t want advice, but am more interested in knowing if hybrids tend to have more issues. Thanks in advance!

10. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-18-2019)

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda
    I'm no expert on lovebirds nor can I say for sure what type these would be, but I did a quick search and most of what I could find health-wise is that PF hybrids tend to be sterile. I couldn't find reports on other health issues, so that's a good sign, but I can't say for sure. Someone else will chime in. Maybe making a separate thread to help identify him will help?

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-18-2019), Lady (02-27-2019)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I have no knowledge regarding hybrid lovebirds. Where did you get your birds? Would they be able to answer any questions for you?

14. The following user likes this post:

Lady (02-27-2019)