User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New arrivals arriving in a few hours...very excited

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus

New arrivals arriving in a few hours...very excited

After many years of looking I have finally found the illusive Yellow Collared Macaw.I know in the US they are relatively common...but We dont import or export pur birds.So this evening arrives a beautiful breeding pair of these sweeties from within Canada....I cant say for certain...but I believe this is the only breeding pair in the country.Will post some pictures in the coming days
    "Ivo"

2. The following 7 users like this post:

eickhorn (05-20-2018), kendrafitz (05-06-2016), Lady (05-07-2016), Mare (05-07-2016), Penny (05-07-2016), The Pinkertons (05-06-2016), wingman (05-07-2016)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Congrats, Dave! How did you locate them? And why was their owner willing to part with them (considering their rarity in Canada)?
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    The owner has an import licence.Hes a large scale importer...where as we feel birds arent "bulk"purchases.Our guys get lots of one on one time.I dont think thats possable if you get birds in and turn them around and send out.I am proud to say that in the 15 years we have been doing the breeding and rescue....we have never turned a bird around.They stay here until the end of their natural lives...even if sadly that ends up shorter than it should be for a couple of our previous rescues that were badly abused.
    "Ivo"

5. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-06-2016), Mare (05-07-2016), Pinkbirdy (05-06-2016), The Pinkertons (05-06-2016)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    I see. I'm looking forward to the photos.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

7. The following user likes this post:

Penny (05-07-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cedardave View Post
    The owner has an import licence.Hes a large scale importer...where as we feel birds arent "bulk"purchases.Our guys get lots of one on one time.I dont think thats possable if you get birds in and turn them around and send out.I am proud to say that in the 15 years we have been doing the breeding and rescue....we have never turned a bird around.They stay here until the end of their natural lives...even if sadly that ends up shorter than it should be for a couple of our previous rescues that were badly abused.
    I commend you on your efforts . It's conscientious Breeders like yourself that should be given credit for the dedication in preserving the dwindling populations of these majestic creatures for future generations to hopefully, repopulate their indigenous habitat.
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 05-07-2016 at 04:05 AM.

9. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-06-2016), eickhorn (05-20-2018), Lady (05-07-2016), spiritbird (05-07-2016)

Parrots

We are super excited to offer the chance to increase the population of the yellow collared macaw in Canada.They are wonderful birds and We are proud to have the opportunity to eventually begin a bunch of them across the country.
    "Ivo"

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Happy for you. How much do they sell there for in U.S. dollars?

Banned

Info on Yellow-Collared Macaws

Quote Originally Posted by Cedardave View Post
    We are super excited to offer the chance to increase the population of the yellow collared macaw in Canada.They are wonderful birds and We are proud to have the opportunity to eventually begin a bunch of them across the country.
    Credits= World Parrot Trust
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	macaw.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	4061 Cedardave, I thought I would post this for Members to learn about your Yellow- Collared Macs !

13. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (05-08-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Ohhh Lady's cousins~

15. The following 2 users like this post:

plax (05-07-2016), The Pinkertons (05-08-2016)

Parrots

Yellow shouldered Amazon, Salty
    Blessing, bro. YC macaw was on our short list, but Salty picked me!
    HI , I am Salty, a yellow shouldered Amazon, hatched June 15, 2015. I will be a pirate someday, just like my daddy!

17. The following 4 users like this post:

eickhorn (05-20-2018), kendrafitz (05-08-2016), spiritbird (05-08-2016), The Pinkertons (05-07-2016)