User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Such a scary thought..

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Good points, Suzanne.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    I love your views, Tony. Mine are just a bit skewed differently.
    At the risk of sounding arrogant -which I don't believe I am- I don't think that my views are skewed from reality. Reality is my anchor

3. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (05-05-2016), The Pinkertons (05-05-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I admire your anchor, Tony! Suzanne, you also have valid views. I have mine, too.

The reality is, birds can fly free and still be a captive bird. I know there is a lot of fear for most, especially me. Birds were not made to be chopped/living in a cage beings.

I'm just thinking. If it goes further, I will let you know. ...don't be so closed minded, people
    Last edited by Mare; 05-05-2016 at 04:44 AM.

Banned

I admire your anchor, Tony! Suzanne, you also have valid views. I have mine, too.

The reality is, birds can fly free and still be a captive bird. I know there is a lot of fear for most, especially me. Birds were not made to be chopped/living in a cage beings.

I'm just thinking. If it goes further, I will let you know. ...don't be so closed minded, people
    Ok, you ask for opinions ... I gave you mine, since you are passionate about free flying, why not set all your birds free. with all due respect .,

Your words
    I'm thinking about flying Sassy outside without having Amigo being present. Amigo would ruin the flight and most likely scare her far away. A scary thought but a thought that has relevance..

Any input would be appreciated.
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 05-05-2016 at 05:13 AM.

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (05-05-2016), PlaxMacaws (05-05-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I'm working on it, Suzanne! . I didn't mean to be argumentative but I guess that's just the way I am.

Parrots

I don't believe we're being closed-minded, Mare. I could say the same about you for not acknowledging how serious the risk associated with what you're contemplating happens to be, and instead erroneously implying that all risks are equal. All risks are not equal and the risk to which you're considering subjecting Sassy to is not necessary. You mentioned that "our birds are in our hands". In my view that means we are responsible for them and should never expose them to unnecessary risks. When we have the power to avoid doing so, but we fail to exercise that power, it seems inexcusable.

Speaking of my views, here is one of them. If you decide to go through with your possible plan, and if you lose Sassy as a result, it will be because you took it upon yourself to place her at risk without a pressing need to do so. If you opt to free fly Sassy in the way you've described, I sincerely hope that the process renders the success you're hoping for.

9. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-05-2016)

Banned

I'm working on it, Suzanne! . I didn't mean to be argumentative but I guess that's just the way I am.
    No need to apologize, I love a good debate keeps things interesting... Wouldn't life be boring if we all thought the same. I don't think your argumentative, I like your high sprit ! it's refreshing !

11. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-05-2016), Dragonlady2 (05-05-2016), Mare (05-05-2016)

Banned

Clipping sassy won't keep her from flying far, I learned that lesson with Bentley. Especially if she catches an up-current . Now you have a bird that can't get off the ground once the current dies off ,. that's worse than a fully flighted bird, that at least has a chance to possibly return home before the hawks have her for dinner. Just say' n .

13. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-05-2016), Mare (05-05-2016), PlaxMacaws (05-05-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    I don't believe we're being closed-minded, Mare. I could say the same about you for not acknowledging how serious the risk associated with what you're contemplating happens to be, and instead erroneously implying that all risks are equal. All risks are not equal and the risk to which you're considering subjecting Sassy to is not necessary. You mentioned that "our birds are in our hands". In my view that means we are responsible for them and should never expose them to unnecessary risks. When we have the power to avoid doing so, but we fail to exercise that power, it seems inexcusable.

Speaking of my views, here is one of them. If you decide to go through with your possible plan, and if you lose Sassy as a result, it will be because you took it upon yourself to place her at risk without a pressing need to do so. If you opt to free fly Sassy in the way you've described, I sincerely hope that the process renders the success you're hoping for.
    Thank you, if I decided to free fly Sassy, I also hope for the best. I absolutely think positive with everything I do in life. This doesn't mean all will go well but it definitely gives me a good attitude. Tony, I know the risks of free flying a bird..I've lived them. I know the sleepless nights of wondering if I'm doing right by my bird. I also know my birds. If I thought they couldn't handle it, it wouldn't be happening.

Sassy was one that I thought was too much of a basket case for me to ever think about allowing this! Times have changed and I now want to try her out. Trust me, or not.

Banned

It's not my place to judge or trust you in this regard. She's your bird . I am simply answering your request for opinions, and obliging in your out-reach on this matter.
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 05-05-2016 at 05:55 AM.

16. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-05-2016)