User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A wild Little Corella talking

Well, they are actually a pest in some areas. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-0...ctoria/7292996

Not that I agree with culling them - I absolutely don't - but it isn't just farmers who complain about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the first photo in that link. I love the sneaky galah in there. I think he might have become lost.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLovebird View Post
    Well, they are actually a pest in some areas. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-0...ctoria/7292996

Not that I agree with culling them - I absolutely don't - but it isn't just farmers who complain about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the first photo in that link. I love the sneaky galah in there. I think he might have become lost.
    True , it is and always will be survival of the fittest. Whether it be natural evolutionary process , or the destruction of habitat by man.

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Found it so interesting that almost none of the bread was dropped. Gobbled right up. Rosie chews food up and then drops it out of her beak 1/2 the time. Don't know if that's a too thing or a wild bird never enough food thing...
    Rosie & Kendra

4. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (05-06-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Rosie only wants bread you made. She can tell the difference.

6. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (05-06-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    Found it so interesting that almost none of the bread was dropped. Gobbled right up. Rosie chews food up and then drops it out of her beak 1/2 the time. Don't know if that's a too thing or a wild bird never enough food thing...
    Spoiled Bird Thing!

8. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (05-06-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I suppose that bird may have learned the words from people who asked it or it's possible it was once someones companion.

10. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (05-07-2016)