User Tag List

Thread: In support of Phoenix Landing

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine

In support of Phoenix Landing

For those members living in Maryland::

OWINGS MILLS, MD: Humane Domain, 4231 Wards Chapel Road (John Deere Rd Entrance)
    SATURDAY, May 14th 10:00 AM - 12:00 Noon

** THE PRINCIPLES OF POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT: JANE MARLOW
    Living with parrots is a work in progress. We are always learning how to provide the best care possible while minimizing problems. This class will outline the principles of positive reinforcement and why it is the best approach to use with our birds. In order to build a long-term positive relationship with parrots, we need to understand how OUR behavior can lead to desirable or undesirable behaviors from our birds, why our responses often cause problems to either escalate or be solved, and how we can build the most important ingredient of all, TRUST!

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (05-04-2016), PlaxMacaws (05-04-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I think that regardless of living in Maryland, or not, we can all appreciate!

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-05-2016), spiritbird (05-05-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    If I go I can take notes for our members here.

6. The following user likes this post:

The Pinkertons (05-05-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Go with an open mind, occasionally you find that the people giving this sort of talk know a lot less than you do but, despite that, have some good input such as aspects you hadn't considered.
    I am always willing to hear other peoples advice.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

8. The following user likes this post:

Nobility Member

Parrots

The volunteers that conduct educational events for PL are very wise to the avian world. They usually know more than I do because of their years of experience with birds of all kinds.

10. The following user likes this post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    The volunteers that conduct educational events for PL are very wise to the avian world. They usually know more than I do because of their years of experience with birds of all kinds.
    Inspirational to be in the company of likeminded people, enjoy the seminar.