User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peanut

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Maybe your hubby was needing a bird of his own. Now that Charlie has stolen your heart he maybe he needing one too. Sounds to me like he had his heart set on a WBC before Charlie was discovered. After all won't the hubby be taking care of the flock/family while your at work?
    Oh, Alice I wish it was that easy. My husband has trouble staying focused on one thing at a time. His intentions are good but his follow up leaves a lot to be desired. The agreement was we weren't going to get another bird and instead he was going to build himself a saltwater tank. Long story short not only did he build himself a 50 gallon saltwater tank but now we are also getting the bird because he went behind my back and talked with the bird breeder and told her he wanted the bird.

So, needless to say even though I will be gone for 8 hours a day it will look at those I have been gone for 8 days and the house will be a disaster, he doesn't help me with Charlie as it is now (which I don't mind because he is my bird) but it just isn't that easy to say he will help because he hasn't in the past.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I'm a true believer in birds having other birds around, for birdy company. They may never be allowed to be free together in the same room or they may get along great, you just don't know but they WILL enjoy having each other in the same room to share their caged time with.

(Separate cages, of course!)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    I'm a true believer in birds having other birds around, for birdy company. They may never be allowed to be free together in the same room or they may get along great, you just don't know but they WILL enjoy having each other in the same room to share their caged time with.

(Separate cages, of course!)
    Oh definitely Mare, I have already ordered Peanuts cage and we already know where we are going to put it. The parakeets (Rio, Jim & Tweety bird) are across the room from Charlies cage, it seems like when they are singing he has to make some kind of noise also.

Also I have noticed when the dogs start barking (especially of someone is at the front door) Charlie makes a noise almost as if he is barking it is too funny!

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-01-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mdg1109 View Post

Oh, Alice I wish it was that easy. My husband has trouble staying focused on one thing at a time. His intentions are good but his follow up leaves a lot to be desired. The agreement was we weren't going to get another bird and instead he was going to build himself a saltwater tank. Long story short not only did he build himself a 50 gallon saltwater tank but now we are also getting the bird because he went behind my back and talked with the bird breeder and told her he wanted the bird.

So, needless to say even though I will be gone for 8 hours a day it will look at those I have been gone for 8 days and the house will be a disaster, he doesn't help me with Charlie as it is now (which I don't mind because he is my bird) but it just isn't that easy to say he will help because he hasn't in the past.
    Oh well ! Michelle welcome to the Jungle/Zoo... I to, am the Official Zoo Keeper around here. You are welcome any time to cry/ lean on my shoulder
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 04-30-2016 at 08:19 PM.

6. The following 2 users like this post:

mdg1109 (05-01-2016), Penny (05-03-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Hi ,I have 3 Caiques [great little birds). Your birds will enjoy the company of more in the flock. They may not be playstand friends though. Be careful with Toos and smaller birds .
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

8. The following 5 users like this post:

Mare (05-01-2016), mdg1109 (05-01-2016), Penny (05-03-2016), spiritbird (04-30-2016), The Pinkertons (05-01-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbirdy View Post
    Hi ,I have 3 Caiques [great little birds). Your birds will enjoy the company of more in the flock. They may not be playstand friends though. Be careful with Toos and smaller birds .
    Thank you Terri! I was thinking that they probably would not be allowed on the play gyms at the same time and if they are on the play gyms at the same time it would have to be under extremely supervised supervision!

I am hoping that they get along (fingers crossed).

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Mare (05-01-2016), Penny (05-03-2016), Pinkbirdy (05-01-2016), The Pinkertons (05-01-2016)