User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peanut

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique

Peanut

Well little did I know this week that we would be the proud parents of a second bird. Peanut a WBC will become part of our family at the end of June. My husband contacted the breeder we got Charlie from and asked for WBC if she had any and at the time about a month ago she did not have any but put my husband at the top of the waiting list. I was not aware of this and received an email last week that she hatched a WBC and reserved him (his DNA testing has been done so we are sure it is a he) and that we can pick him up at the end of June.

I should preface this by saying when we started our bird journey we originally set out to get a WBC, but we (mostly I) fell in love with the personality of the LSC2 so that is how we came to be with Charlie. Now we will be the parents of 2 fids.

My heart first and foremost will belong to Charlie, and to be honest I am not ready to bring another bird home but it looks like that is what is in store for me/us.

I wanted to get other caique owners opinions on how to introduce the two birds. Our breeder has kinda given us a brief overview and I am going to request that she send me a detailed email but I wanted to get other fid parents opinions.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (04-27-2016), Mare (04-27-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I'm not sure whether to congratulate you on the incoming WBC or not, You seem to be a little unsure.

WBC
    White bellied cormorant?
    West Bolivian chaffinch?
    Wavy beaked cockatoo?
    World's best conure?
    Hmm, leave it with me, I will get there in the end
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (04-27-2016), Mare (04-27-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Congrats! Will Peanut be his name?..cute, if so . I'm going to guess that WBC stands for White Bellied Caique..?

6. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-27-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Congrats! Will Peanut be his name?..cute, if so . I'm going to guess that WBC stands for White Bellied Caique..?
    Yes, WBC is white bellied caique. Thank you and yes we have decided on Peanut for his name.

Jean-Pierre, I am a little unsure because I was not wanting to bring another bird into the house. My husband went to the breeder without me knowing. I am not ready for another bird, I was wanting to just have Charlie.

We have 3 parakeets, but all they want us humans for is to feed, water and clean their cages for them. I am kind of on the fence about the new bird. I am a one woman bird and Charlie stole my heart. Besides getting ready to go back to work, my two sons and Charlie I feel like I have enough on my plate.

White Bellied Como rant, can you have those as pets?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I hope all turns out well for the birds and you. Charlie will understand when he finds out he is your only love.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?aid=672

My favorite parrot writer https://companionparrotonline.com/another_parrot.html

Interesting Sally says to prepare the resident bird ahead of time for the new bird. Your routine changes are what get the resident bird upset so begin before the new bird is in your home. Start by setting up the new birds cage first and then act as if you are cleaning and feeding a new bird. Of course within sight of Charlie although new cage is in quarantine room.
    Last edited by spiritbird; 04-27-2016 at 09:13 PM.

9. The following 2 users like this post:

mdg1109 (04-27-2016), Penny (04-30-2016)

Parrots

Dianne, you always give such good and helpful information, thank you!

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Penny (05-03-2016), spiritbird (04-28-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    A new silly, kooky caique could be what the Dr ordered for your son. Charlie is your baby and Peanut may end up being his.
    Rosie & Kendra

13. The following 3 users like this post:

mdg1109 (04-28-2016), Penny (04-30-2016), spiritbird (04-28-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdg1109 View Post

White Bellied Como rant, can you have those as pets?
    Not if you value the fish in your pond
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

15. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (04-28-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Maybe your hubby was needing a bird of his own. Now that Charlie has stolen your heart he maybe he needing one too. Sounds to me like he had his heart set on a WBC before Charlie was discovered. After all won't the hubby be taking care of the flock/family while your at work?

Congratulations!
    Penny Sebring | Kiki's Castle
    www.kikiscastle.com
    penny@kikiscastle.com

18. The following 2 users like this post:

mdg1109 (04-30-2016), spiritbird (04-30-2016)