User Tag List

Thread: Be kind...

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)

Be kind...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	be_kind_to_beings.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	4011
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following 5 users like this post:

kendrafitz (04-24-2016), Lady (04-27-2016), lolsavannahh (04-25-2016), Mare (04-24-2016), The Pinkertons (04-24-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I've always had this lingering thought in the back of my mind and more and more it comes to the front. Do you believe humans are born with an empathy towards others or is it taught by parents or even learned later in life?. Some folks never do understand it!

Personally, I can say that as far back as I can remember, it was there. My husband says that he was brutal to the lizards and creatures that grew wild in the desert where we grew up...but so did most of the boys he grew up with!
    Last edited by Mare; 04-24-2016 at 10:59 PM.

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Do you believe humans are born with an empathy towards others or is it taught by parents or even learned later in life?. Some folks never do understand it!
    I think empathy can be guided, but not learned. I don't believe that people are 'blank slates' (as it were) when they come into the world as newborns. There's too much evidence to the contrary. Genetic patterns and the predispositions that they bestow upon us are quite powerful.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (04-24-2016), The Pinkertons (04-24-2016)