User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kids and birds..

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    I don't think birds should be solely a kids pet ,but more a whole families responsibility.To hard on a bird that's bonded to a person that's life is most likely going to change.My big pet peeves are people that get birds that cannot do it anymore .Due to college ,work,birth of a child.I think it's not like they don't know how hard it is on the Bird.You're told till your blue in the face how birds are.
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

2. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (04-30-2016), lolsavannahh (04-30-2016), Mare (04-29-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Yeah..or not, Terri. Amigo was a bomb that dropped on us,,my fault, I'm not making excuses but I knew nothing of birds and learned later. I totally agree, the whole family needs to be responsible if a child wants a pet.

4. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (04-30-2016), lolsavannahh (04-30-2016), Penny (04-30-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Maybe you could leave a link about what can happen when a bird is clipped wrong? Show her what can happen and maybe she will think it's gross and not want to tempt it, let alone what the bird would have to deal with if not done improperly??