User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel Cage

Parrots

Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)

Travel Cage

Camping season is almost upon us and we're planning on bringing Nike with us, along with our dog. I wanted a Kings aluminum travel cage but their new vendor is not up online yet so I bought the Midwest Poquito Avian Hotel from Amazon.

I'm actually pretty happy with it. Assembly was easy and only one minor part was missing for which I emailed Midwest and it's already in the mail. The finish seems to be an enamel for which they give you a touch up bottle so I wouldn't leave a chewing parrot in this for too long but Nike is fine as she doesn't tear things apart.

She's been on and in it all day, left the door open and she came and went...seems like she will be OK with it.

Thanks,
    Bill
    &

2. The following 9 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-15-2016), kendrafitz (04-16-2016), Lady (04-16-2016), lolsavannahh (04-14-2016), Mare (04-14-2016), mdg1109 (04-16-2016), PlaxMacaws (04-14-2016), Sucre (04-15-2016), The Pinkertons (04-16-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Very cool! Where do folks from New Hampshire go for vacation? Are there National Parks you like to go to?

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Looks nice
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    That looks good, the King's cages despite being aluminium are VERY heavy.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash
    I like how the handle is also a perch! Very creative!
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

7. The following user likes this post:

Penny (04-16-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Nike looks comfortable.

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique

Thank You

Thank you for posting this Bill. We travel to the OBX NC every year for a week and I was trying to figure out how we were going to travel with Charlie. Now I am going to research the companies you mentioned and the travel cages and see if there is something that would work for him.

I was worried we were going to have to dismantle his whole cage and take it with us (not that he isn't worth it )

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (04-16-2016), Penny (04-16-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdg1109 View Post
    Thank you for posting this Bill. We travel to the OBX NC every year for a week and I was trying to figure out how we were going to travel with Charlie. Now I am going to research the companies you mentioned and the travel cages and see if there is something that would work for him.

I was worried we were going to have to dismantle his whole cage and take it with us (not that he isn't worth it )
    Michelle - when are you going to OBX this summer? We go every year as well. Normally in August but this year we are going in July.
    Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Very cool! Where do folks from New Hampshire go for vacation? Are there National Parks you like to go to?
    Up till now, we mostly camp at private campgrounds along with my Daughter and grandkids. Now that I'm retired we plan on doing some boondocking so I'm investigating solar for teh camper. We camp mostly in New England though again, in retirement we may expand our horizons..
    Thanks,
    Bill
    &

13. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-17-2016)

Parrots

Nike is very comfortable with this cage now as I swapped out her playstand for it. And I have to admit being able to lock her up in the cage while in the living room is pretty nice....gotta convince my wife that we need a daytime cage in the living room
    Thanks,
    Bill
    &

15. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (04-18-2016)