User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Macaw lost in TX

Banned

Maggie in the news

Here's the latest update about lost Macaw "Maggie"

Last edited by The Pinkertons; 04-19-2016 at 04:24 PM.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (04-19-2016), plax (04-19-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    I sincerely hope that someone returns Maggie to him! Free flight can be risky business
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following user likes this post:

The Pinkertons (04-20-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pinkertons View Post
    Here's the latest update about lost Macaw "Maggie"

I can't see the pic?

I know a piece about Maggie finally went on the local news. Really hoping it helps bring her home.
    Rosie & Kendra

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I can't see the post either, maybe its my security or my ff browser. I sure hope someone see's how much her flock loves and misses her and returns her home safe and sound.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plax View Post
    I sincerely hope that someone returns Maggie to him! Free flight can be risky business
    Very, I don't think I would risk it. Thanks Tony... I'll get the hang of things.

8. The following user likes this post:

plax (04-20-2016)

Banned

Update to the Maggie in the news

Maggie in the news video is working... Thank you Tony
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 04-21-2016 at 04:36 AM.

10. The following user likes this post:

plax (04-20-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Kendra and Alice: It's a YouTube video of the television news story. The embedded player should be loading for you... it is for me in both Firefox and Chrome. The embedded YouTube clips sometimes take a while to appear within the post body. But if you wait and nothing still shows it may be that your browser's flash plugin has been rendered unsafe and automatically deactivated. If so, you can choose to either ignore the safety deactivation and allow it to run anyway, or you can upgrade your flash plugin to the latest version.

12. The following user likes this post:

Lady (04-20-2016)

Banned

Is it worth it

Is it worth it ? So sad

Plea from owner= Birdman666

promised Sarah I would not do anymore free flying.

I'm completely paranoid of letting them outside at the moment, even though Sally calmly waited for me in a tree for two hours while I looked for Maggie...

And she's kinda going stir crazy at the moment. BUT I CAN'T GO LOOK FOR ANOTHER ONE!!!

Tree time in the front yard from now on. Going out and about, but I'm going to start clipping them again.

I HATE TO DO IT, AND I'VE GONE BACK AND FORTH ON THIS ISSUE FOR YEARS, BUT I SIMPLY CANNOT GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN!!!

AND IF I DON'T GET MAGGIE BACK, I'LL HAVE A VERY HARD TIME EVER FORGIVING MYSELF FOR HER LOSS... OR LIVING WITHOUT HER.

I loved to see her fly. Until I saw her fly off... and if she doesn't come back?! That's going to kill me...

Banned

I don't want any reply's other than /share Please copy and past his poster to your FB page or Mass email it .She is one of ours and we need all the publicity we can get. You might think well I am not in Texas but a friend of a friend might be :

updated: 04/14/16

$1,000 reward.
    No questions asked

"I keep thinking this is a three foot plus long, fire engine red bird, who talks, that was lost in a densely populated suburban neighborhood. Last seen free flying at the duck pond on Lakeside Parkway. SOMEONE HAS SEEN HER, OR HAS HER BY NOW. Generally speaking, she's socialized around humans, and is so tame that as long as they didn't do anything stupid, if she were lost and disoriented she'd probably land in someone's yard and just waddle up to them. She's fully flighted (I free fly her) and she's been missing since 4/2/2016. THIS BIRD HAS A HOME. She is very loved, and very missed. This bird has been my constant companion for 17 years. She can't possibly mean more to you than she does to me. Most people are not able to properly care for these birds anyway. Nor are they prepared for the mess they make, how loud and destructive they are, or, for that matter, the kind of tantrums they can throw... Please take the reward money and bring her home where she belongs! NO QUESTIONS ASKED. I JUST WANT MY BIRD BACK!!!"

================================================== ==========================
    Sarah and I are both hurting very badly tonight.,,

She called me earlier, and said, "I've been telling everyone for years that Maggie and I are about the same age. This bird is a lifetime companion, and we are going to grow old together. Now that's looking like it's just not going to happen... she's got to come home!"

Needless to say we were both bawling our eyes out by the end of that particular conversation...

IF YOU FOUND HER IN YOUR YARD, SHE CAN'T POSSIBLY EVER MEAN TO YOU, WHAT SHE MEANS TO US... THIS IS A MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY!

SHE CAN'T STAND BEING CAGED....

SHE'S BONDED TO US, WHICH MEANS SHE'LL PROBABLY THROW TANTRUMS IF YOU TRY TO KEEP HER...

MOST PEOPLE SIMPLY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF A HUGE MACAW LIKE MAGGIE, ESPECIALLY ONE WHO HAS BEEN OUT AND ABOUT FOR OVER A DECADE... SHE WON'T BE HAPPY!!!

EVERYONE IN THIS AREA KNOWS US, AND KNOWS SHE'S MISSING...

PLEASE, IF YOU FIND HER, TAKE THE REWARD MONEY AND BRING HER HOME. SHE BELONGS HERE... WITH THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE LOVED HER FOR OVER A DECADE!!!

Administrator

Parrots

How devastating! The 'not knowing what happened to her' can only serve to intensify the pain

16. The following user likes this post:

Lady (04-23-2016)