User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Macaw lost in TX

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

Macaw lost in TX

This is from a man on another board who lost his GW, Maggie. It is just devastating so I thought I would share this here just in case someone is from that area. I hope she comes home safe and sound very soon.

Sarah and I are both hurting very badly tonight.,,

She called me earlier, and said, "I've been telling everyone for years that Maggie and I are about the same age. This bird is a lifetime companion, and we are going to grow old together. Now that's looking like it's just not going to happen... she's got to come home!"

Needless to say we were both bawling our eyes out by the end of that particular conversation...

IF YOU FOUND HER IN YOUR YARD, SHE CAN'T POSSIBLY EVER MEAN TO YOU, WHAT SHE MEANS TO US... THIS IS A MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY!

SHE CAN'T STAND BEING CAGED....

SHE'S BONDED TO US, WHICH MEANS SHE'LL PROBABLY THROW TANTRUMS IF YOU TRY TO KEEP HER...

MOST PEOPLE SIMPLY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF A HUGE MACAW LIKE MAGGIE, ESPECIALLY ONE WHO HAS BEEN OUT AND ABOUT FOR OVER A DECADE... SHE WON'T BE HAPPY!!!

EVERYONE IN THIS AREA KNOWS US, AND KNOWS SHE'S MISSING...

PLEASE, IF YOU FIND HER, TAKE THE REWARD MONEY AND BRING HER HOME. SHE BELONGS HERE... WITH THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE LOVED HER FOR OVER A DECADE!!!

PLEASE GOD, HAVE A HEART... !!!!
    Last edited by kendrafitz; 04-10-2016 at 04:27 PM.
    Rosie & Kendra

2. The following 2 users like this post:

PlaxMacaws (04-10-2016), The Pinkertons (04-11-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    We all dread this happening and are praying for a swift repatriation. A macaw is a big noticeable bird so hopefully she wont be away too long.
    Edit: just noticed she has been gone a week already.
    Last edited by Casper's 2nd best friend; 04-10-2016 at 07:57 PM.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-11-2016)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    This is heartbreaking. I so hope it has a joyous outcome. May Maggie be returned to her loving home very soon!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-11-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Ooohh, Noooo..I'll pray that Maggie is safe! That would be my worst nightmare, someone capturing my bird, not knowing the history and then trying to sell him. I hope this isn't the case with Maggie...come home, Maggie..!!

8. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-11-2016)

Banned

Simply Devastating, I can't even imagine the heartache of not knowing of her whereabouts, sending positive energy Maggie's way that she finds her way home safe and sound.

10. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-11-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Oh no! This is terribly devastating, I cannot imagine. I hope that she is found safely and returned to her family!

12. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-11-2016)

Parrots

A good point raised by Mare, some unscrupulous person may be trying to sell the bird so the owner should be checking all local ads and Craigs list.

14. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-11-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    It really is horrible. He has been checking Craigslist but nothing. He has been out searching on foot for her daily. He has put out fliers, called shelters, etc. He went to flea markets to see if anyone was trying to flip her and talked to the people there. He even paid a service to call the residences in the area to inform them of the situation to see if anyone has info. I believe there is a large reward for her. From what I have read the local news will be doing a story on it so he is hoping that will help. If someone has her and realizes there is a reward hopefully they will return her. She has been gone over a week so hopefully someone will contact him soon. It just breaks my heart for him. I don't know him, but I always like reading his posts and I know how much he loves her.
    Rosie & Kendra

16. The following 4 users like this post:

Doublete (04-11-2016), Mare (04-11-2016), PlaxMacaws (04-11-2016), The Pinkertons (04-12-2016)

Parrots

Having said that she should be easy to spot, I have just remembered an incident from my youth - we had just taken in a liver spotted Dalmation that its previous owners couldn't cope with and whilst exercising her in the local recreation ground with our other dog (an Irish Setter) the Dalmation ran off and was gone for a couple of days whilst we searched diligently all around the area. Eventually we received a phone call from the park keeper that she was in the park and could we come and get her. When we arrived he said "she is over there under those trees". We couldn't see her until he pointed out exactly where she was lying on the ground in dappled sunlight on fallen leaves. She was perfectly camouflaged!

Meanwhile... Casper has just stolen a whole banana. Greedy or what?

18. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-12-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear this news. How heartbreaking for the family. It may also be wise to visit pet shops and such to see if anyone may have posted that they have found Maggie and is looking for the owner. I have a petsmart close by that has posts daily. Was Maggie chipped? Notes in animal shelters and vet offices might be helpful too.

20. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-14-2016)