User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smell

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Rosie is now dry and smells like herself. False alarm, thank you everyone for the help.
    Rosie & Kendra

2. The following 2 users like this post:

PlaxMacaws (04-10-2016), Quakerella (10-30-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    Rosie is now dry and smells like herself. False alarm, thank you everyone for the help.
    Glad to hear it!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    This may seem like a strange question but I was wondering if anyone has ever noticed when their birds smell is off? Rosie and I were preening today and she smelled different. Kind of stinky, which is weird bc she showers daily and had a complete soaking yesterday. She normally smells sweetish or musky, but this was just different. I was wondering if the smell is an indicator of something being wrong health wise? Before I get crazy and call the vet for no reason, I wanted to check with you guys. There would be no other reason for me to call as she is acting normally and is as bossy as ever. She is blow drying on her tree now, so I will see if she smells differently when she is done.

I know it is ridiculous and only a bird group would get this. Anyone else would wonder why the heck I sniff my macaw. But it is just worrying me.
    Do you have a tom cat?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I do not have any answers but I love watching you two together in a video.

6. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-11-2016)

Parrots

Charlie - no, we don't have cats.
    Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    When you are blow-drying Rosie do you find yourself holding one arm out, trying to show her that you want her to lift her wing so you can dry the underside?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Parrots

Jean-Pierre - I have a stand/holder for the blow dryer. My vet recommended it. I am guessing they make them for people with back problems or are older. I turn the blow dryer on can get other things done while she dries. She can move away when she is done.

She only gets soaked about once a week. So those days she does stretch her wings out a little while drying.
    Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Glad all is well!

11. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-11-2016)

Kendrafitz, such a beautiful bird you have. Hope she is doing fine now.

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Having just re-read this thread, one thing we didn't consider was whether Rosie had just passed wind
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

14. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-26-2017), kendrafitz (11-02-2017), Quakerella (10-28-2017)