User Tag List

Thread: 5 months old

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique

5 months old

I cannot believe my fid is 5 months old today! It is difficult to remember not having him he has become such a part of our lives! He is so much fun and he loves all of us, he talks to my 10 year old and is not terrified when both of my sons are running around acting crazy!

He had a bath today did not seem to happy but was enjoying his treat afterward

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Charliebath.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	3982

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Charlie5.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	3983

2. The following 6 users like this post:

kendrafitz (04-09-2016), Lady (04-09-2016), lolsavannahh (04-09-2016), Mare (04-09-2016), PlaxMacaws (04-09-2016), wingman (04-09-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Happy 5 month Hatchday, Charlie!! . He's such a cutie! Do yo take him in the shower? How do you bath him?

4. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (04-09-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Happy 5 month Hatchday, Charlie!! . He's such a cutie! Do yo take him in the shower? How do you bath him?
    He seems to have accepted the sink as his place for his bath. I put a wash cloth down in the bottom of the kitchen sink and then turn the tap on a warm trickle and then I wash him. He likes it for the most part but I can tell when he is done because he starts climbing his way out of the sink.

I am lucky to get an uninterrupted shower in my house with my kids seeming to not need anything from me until I get on the phone or go in the bathroom so I don't take him in the shower. I will probably start once he outgrows the sink.

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (04-10-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    So precious. Are you mentally prepared for the gown up Charlie?

Lets start off with bringing baby home. No matter the age of your Too, when first joining your family they will go through the “honeymoon phase”. They may begin very loving and affectionate. This is wonderful, however you need to be aware that your new little angel is deciding their place in your flock and is going to put you through a great deal of tests and trials to see who is boss. YOU need to learn to interact with them properly. Toos are very hard to resist, they want to cuddle and snuggle up and are just little love sponges. However this can lead to some very difficult issues down the road. First off a Too ( or any bird for that matter) should never be petted below their neck. In the wild the only time birds do any touching on another birds body is in their courting. You do not want to send the wrong signal to your Too. You can never be their mate, so why give them a confusing signal. Improper petting will lead to frustration, aggression and a whole lot of behavior issues especially during their hormonal seasons. So keep your relationship honest, don’t give false promises to your Too by petting inappropriately.

https://featheredangels.wordpress.co...ed-a-cockatoo/
    Last edited by spiritbird; 04-09-2016 at 05:32 PM.

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Awww, Charlie is just adorable!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

9. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (04-09-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    5 months young~ What a beautiful guy Charlie is, love seeing his pics and hearing about him!

11. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (04-09-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    5 months young~ What a beautiful guy Charlie is, love seeing his pics and hearing about him!
    Thank you Alice, he is very handsome but then again I am his mom so I am biased lol.

13. The following user likes this post:

Lady (04-10-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Charlie is such a cutie!!!!!
    Rosie & Kendra

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Charlie is so sweet looking. I did not mean to rain on his special day.

16. The following user likes this post:

Mare (04-10-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Dianne, you make me smile . You're a little late for that! It's most likely true that Charlie is going to change as he matures and I know, Dianne, that you are giving great info to Michelle, I'm not trying to be disrespectful. Amigo came to me at eight years old so I've never experienced a young cockatoo, Sassy was seven when she joined us.

Even after being on forums and reading all the warnings, you will learn, Michelle, over time..what you should and shouldn't do. My toos can still be cuddle bugs but when they start getting amorous towards us..we change the subject, pick them up, change their mood.