User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: List of nontoxic and toxic foods , woods, etc. for our birds

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Never bad to have a reminder!
    True. But it's also helpful to group things as efficiently as possible. One reason for doing so is in case someone checks one of several existing lists and the list they check isn't complete (e.g., it may happen to be missing the toxic item they are researching). If such were to occur the individual may not check the other lists to learn of an important inclusion.

I've retired some of the redundant lists from their sticky thread status and posted a single general list at:

http://www.preciselyparrots.com/show...amp-Vegetables

The new list is based upon the one that Charlie posted yesterday. I've modified it slightly by adding some additions and removing some references to a named web source to which there were no links. We can modify this list as additional information is discovered. And we can perhaps streamline even further - ideas are always welcome. This is merely a starting point.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (04-09-2016), Penny (04-10-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Nice list. Thanks. As a clarification beans in the dried form are toxic because they contain a poison called hemaglutin which is very toxic to birds. To avoid exposure, make sure to thoroughly cook any beans that you choose to share with your bird.
    Last edited by spiritbird; 04-09-2016 at 05:24 PM.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Penny (04-10-2016), plax (04-09-2016)