User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List of nontoxic and toxic foods , woods, etc. for our birds

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon

List of nontoxic and toxic foods , woods, etc. for our birds

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-08-2016), Lady (04-09-2016), The Pinkertons (04-08-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Thanks Charlie, its nice to have a comprehensive list handy.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following user likes this post:

wingman (04-08-2016)

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    Not sure how to do that! LOL !!!

6. The following user likes this post:

The Pinkertons (04-08-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    Not sure how to do that! LOL !!!
    Charlie...No worries, I had posted a reply that was not relevant to your thread. Thanks for the list comes in handy for reference.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Charlie: Thanks for posting this list. Can we cite its source please?
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash
    Wow I will be completely honest I never knew raw peanuts were bad for birds! How come? I don't feed Nash peanuts but if I had never seen this I may have! Seems like such a 'parrot' food!!
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

Parrots

11. The following 3 users like this post:

Penny (04-09-2016), plax (04-09-2016), The Pinkertons (04-09-2016)

Banned

Peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by lolsavannahh View Post
    Wow I will be completely honest I never knew raw peanuts were bad for birds! How come? I don't feed Nash peanuts but if I had never seen this I may have! Seems like such a 'parrot' food!!
    Aflatoxin, a group of toxins produced by certain species of the fungi aspergillus, is a potential contaminant of peanuts, cereals and grains. Improper storage in warm, damp, dark, conditions promotes growth of the mold,” said Muscarella. "Aflatoxin is a potent liver toxin, and birds are exquisitely susceptible to its toxic effects. This was reported a long time ago in England, where many turkeys died from Aflatoxicosis after eating contaminated corn. At the time this syndrome was referred to as "Turkey X" disease. To this day, there are clear accounts of pet birds dying after eating moldy peanuts and grains
    Referenced from = The BirdChannel.com
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 04-09-2016 at 01:33 AM.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Note:
    We have a number of safe/unsafe item list threads in this section. Some of the lists therein contain redundancies. I need to go through those lists and decide which of them represent the best combined information and then reassign sticky status. I will do that fairly soon.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Penny (04-09-2016), The Pinkertons (04-09-2016)

Never bad to have a reminder!
    Penny Sebring | Kiki's Castle
    www.kikiscastle.com
    penny@kikiscastle.com