User Tag List

Thread: Dry Feet

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique

Dry Feet

Good morning all. Charlie and I were playing last night and when he was perched on my hand I was just checking him over to make sure everything was OK. I was looking at his feet and claws and they look dry. Should I be putting anything on them like coconut oil?

Thanks for any advice!

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Are they pink/sore looking?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    No, they just look dry. I checked them out no sores or anything.

4. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-08-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    A pic would be good to be sure. But coconut oil is great for just about everything. If Charlie is ok with it, I would try it.
    Rosie & Kendra

6. The following 2 users like this post:

mdg1109 (07-13-2016), The Pinkertons (04-09-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    A bit of red palm oil in the diet, more frequent showers, humidity near the cage and applying vit. E or the coconut oil to the skin of his feed can all help.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

mdg1109 (04-08-2016), The Pinkertons (04-09-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I was cleaning and rearranging Lady's cage today and had to put a dab of coconut oil on a wingnut to help me get it off the screw. Then I noticed the perches looked kind of dry so I put a little bit of coconut oil in my hand and rubbed the coconut oil onto one of her perches. I figure since she isn't foot friendly this might be a good way to get some on her feet.

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-10-2016), Dragonlady2 (07-09-2016)

Parrots

Thank you for that suggestion Alice, I would have never thought of that, and tomorrow is cage cleaning day here so I will definitely try that!

12. The following user likes this post:

Lady (07-16-2016)