User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stressing about possible babies!!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Charlie these old eyes are having a hard time reading your post because of the small size.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Thanks, Charlie! . I needed that!

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    Here is a hand feeding chart I used with my lovebirds

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sg3d3k.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	3980

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (04-15-2016), spiritbird (04-09-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Fertile cockatiel eggs should hatch 18-21 days after the parents start laying on them. The dented egg had broke and I removed it so there are two left. Today is day 22 and I can't find any info on how much longer I should let the parents set, when to take them and how?..does anyone here know?

Chip and Jellybean have been so diligent in caring for these eggs, I know it's going to be heartbreaking when I have to remove them .

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Aww Mare, I think it might be hard on you too. Don't stress, let nature take it's course. I'm sure they will have no problem in trying again~

7. The following user likes this post:

Mare (04-16-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Thank you for the response, Alice . The decision to ditch their eggs and nest box is a tough one. I know I can't just let them keep going. I suppose I was hoping someone had a manual for "how to"...how do you live with the guilt of being the person to dump the nest..

I could probably ask Tim to do it.. I'm so sad right now

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Well if the eggs aren't fertile then your dumping empty shells . Maybe you can distract Chip and Jellybean so they don't see you do it?

10. The following user likes this post:

Mare (04-16-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Yeah.. Empathy is a rough one to live with, too..dang

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Fertile cockatiel eggs should hatch 18-21 days after the parents start laying on them. The dented egg had broke and I removed it so there are two left. Today is day 22 and I can't find any info on how much longer I should let the parents set, when to take them and how?..does anyone here know?

Chip and Jellybean have been so diligent in caring for these eggs, I know it's going to be heartbreaking when I have to remove them .
    I was doing some research found some info on talk cockatiels' =some members were they had some hatch at 28 days .parents don't always start sitting/incubation right away. also depends on time of year. Maybe wait for a few more days to be sure.

13. The following user likes this post:

Mare (04-16-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    You could go 30 days. They will keep mating if not separated for a while. It's not unusual for first time parents to miss. Big hug to you. Do you want them to try again?

15. The following user likes this post:

Mare (04-16-2016)