User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's birdy item from the BBC

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Aye, you wouldn't want one of those kicking your shins.
    My understanding is that Cassowaries may do more than merely kicking your shins... it seems that they are prone toward eviscerating you as well
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-20-2016), The Pinkertons (04-02-2016)

Parrots

Itachi, handfed male budgerigar, 2m old
    Australian magpies are the real murderbirds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. The following user likes this post:

The Pinkertons (04-02-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    My understanding is that Cassowaries may do more than merely kicking your shins... it seems that they are prone toward eviscerating you as well
    More the latter than the former, too. I have a friend who used to live in North QLD, where they come from. Her school camps in the forest where often interrupted by cassowary sightings. As if the spiders and snakes aren't enough to watch for.

6. The following user likes this post:

The Pinkertons (04-02-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Pudgerigar View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I've lived here 17 years this year, and never once been attacked. My boyfriend moved over from America 2 years ago and within a month, he was attacked twice. My brother then moved over from NZ, and the same thing. And they're so persistent.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (05-21-2016), The Pinkertons (04-02-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLovebird View Post
    More the latter than the former, too. I have a friend who used to live in North QLD, where they come from. Her school camps in the forest where often interrupted by cassowary sightings. As if the spiders and snakes aren't enough to watch for.
    That's rather scary!

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (05-21-2016), The Pinkertons (04-02-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Pudgerigar View Post
    A good friend of mine who lives in Victoria, AU has a special relationship with the magpies there. She has done, and continues to do some amazing things with them. She has trained them to do quite a few things, including to paint portraits with their feet. She even allows them into her home where they seem to be remarkably well behaved. Below is her FB page link:

https://www.facebook.com/themagpiewhisperer

Danielle is as well a parrot person. Among her flock, she has a Galah and a Sulfur Crested Too. In fact, the bird on the far right side of PP's banner is her SC2, Barney

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (04-02-2016), Mare (05-21-2016), The Pinkertons (04-02-2016)

Banned

Australia has some of the most diverse Avian spices, I'm in awe of the flora and fauna of the land down under

14. The following 4 users like this post:

Lady (04-02-2016), Mare (05-21-2016), PlaxMacaws (04-02-2016), Sucre (04-02-2016)

Banned

A good friend of mine who lives in Victoria, AU has a special relationship with the magpies there. She has done, and continues to do some amazing things with them. She has trained them to do quite a few things, including to paint portraits with their feet. She even allows them into her home where they seem to be remarkably well behaved. Below is her FB page link:

https://www.facebook.com/themagpiewhisperer

Danielle is as well a parrot person. Among her flock, she has a Galah and a Sulfur Crested Too. In fact, the bird on the far right side of PP's banner is her SC2, Barney
    That's cool Tony

16. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (04-02-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLovebird View Post
    I've lived here 17 years this year, and never once been attacked. My boyfriend moved over from America 2 years ago and within a month, he was attacked twice. My brother then moved over from NZ, and the same thing. And they're so persistent.
    I have always wanted to visit New Zealand, I am enchanted with that part of the world

Banned

Wow!