User Tag List

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's birdy item from the BBC

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I don't know if the Filipino cockatoos are a different type to those in Australia - I think they still have plenty
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-19-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Sad .

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-19-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-19-2017)

Parrots

Aye, I hate hate hate seeing them stuffed into water bottles or a bit of pipe, they must have a very poor opinion of the human race.

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-19-2017), Lady (11-23-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Aye, I hate hate hate seeing them stuffed into water bottles or a bit of pipe, they must have a very poor opinion of the human race.
    And I share that very poor opinion . Too much of humanity is greedy and lacking empathy. In many cases, humans are as well quite sadistic... especially to those they hold some power over
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-19-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-19-2017), Lady (11-23-2017)

Parrots

News from the Netherlands about feral parakeets. They have only just started appearing in gardens around us in south-east England.
    http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archive...-species-list/

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I am guessing that a lot of countries have similar issues with a species of parrot becoming invasive. It's odd that they adapt so well to different environments, but in some cases, can't adapt to their changing natural habitat.

Parrots

Happy news from Australia/New Zealand where a galah has stowed away on a cruise ship and has been given his own cabin till the ship returns to Australia. I wonder if the owners will get the bill.
    https://www.maritime-executive.com/a...bin#gs.eZiOaq4

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-05-2018), Lady (02-04-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Harri's a cutie~

14. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-05-2018)

Parrots

An item on birds crashing into windows, which is a problem we have with the reflection of our yew tree in our house front windows. It is usually the young birds that do it in the spring. Their parents are not giving them a proper education. We put coloured glass and strips of red tape to try and make them aware that it is just a reflection.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories...g-into-windows

16. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-15-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    We have the same problem. In one window we have made a cat seat and our one cat who eats and sleeps up there seems to be a bit of a deterrent.

18. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-15-2018)