User Tag List

Thread: Phoenix Landing

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine

Phoenix Landing

For those of you that live in Maryland, Virginia, NC area you are lucky. Phoenix Landing is a wonderful organization that takes in needy birds, fosters them and then will re home them If a person qualifies. I was once a foster home for them. Their educational events are so informative. You will find a calendar of events and dates on the web site. The several educational events I have attended usually have tables full of wonder bird items, toys, books and even some food items for sale. I am going to another event in the next coming month which will be held about 20 minutes from where I live. I see on their calendar there is one coming up soon in Rockville Md. http://www.phoenixlanding.org/?utm_s...m_medium=email

2. The following user likes this post:

plax (03-29-2016)

Banned

Dianne, what a great resource link. With support groups such as this, their truly is light at the end of the tunnel for Captive Birds.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

plax (03-29-2016), spiritbird (03-28-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    We need more organisations like this.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following 2 users like this post:

plax (03-29-2016), spiritbird (03-28-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    In order for a person to adopt or foster a bird from them you must pass an inspection of your home. Then there are mandatory educational events that must be attended. They are quite strict about this as well they should be.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-28-2016), plax (03-29-2016)