User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luna & Anakin

Luna & Anakin

It's been a little while since I posted. Sorry if it's long!

Anakin has been coming along in leaps and bounds. We're finally out of quarantine, so I introduced the birds to one another. They got along great. Probably too well, actually, but they seem to have settled down. Despite the occasional mating display from Luna (Anakin just doesn't care), she's still decidedly my little snuggle bird.

I got to a point with Anakin while his cage was in the study where he would sit on the back of my chair, and eat from a food container next to my leg or hand without much hassle. No touching though. A few days ago, I bought a stand and moved his cage into the main area of the house next to Luna. I let them both out later in the afternoon and he looooved the extra space to fly around. He is a very good flyer. Puts Luna's clumsy attempts to shame. He sticks to the living area mainly, because that's where Luna hangs out and where the cages and perches are. Luna isn't so sure about sharing the numerous food bowls, so I have had to put out some more that are a bit longer to accomodate her highness.

Anyway, the best part of the new set up is that Anakin has been using way more of his cage and has finally started getting into his toys! No more sitting around all day talking to himself, and he's stopped regurgitating on his perch / play mat. It makes me so happy to see. He's also decided I'm okay to land on sometimes. He ended up perched on my lap and knee a few times earlier tonight. He's made so much prgoress since I brought him home.

Luna is still her perfect little self. She is currently sleeping in my shirt.

Some pictures:

(Luna lives on the left, Anakin on the right)

2. The following 3 users like this post:

lolsavannahh (03-24-2016), mdg1109 (05-01-2016), Penny (03-25-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Lovely pix, great update. I suspect that if we left a box of seed with his own weight in parrot food for Casper to choose from we would soon have an empty box and a parrot weighing twice as much.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (05-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Lovely pix, great update. I suspect that if we left a box of seed with his own weight in parrot food for Casper to choose from we would soon have an empty box and a parrot weighing twice as much.
    Haha. I think if I left it open long enough, the same would be true here. I try to leave the blatant Anakin-bribery until after they've eaten a more healthy dinner, but he can't pass up a chance to eat sunflower seeds. Luna is just an opportunist, taking advantage of the situation.

6. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-24-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Appreciate you update. Sounds like all is well and your birds are so cute!

Banned

I love your set-up, I really do think birds thrive when they share their captive life with one of their own kind, both are in good feather, bright sparkly eye's,! good to see them enjoying their full potential

9. The following user likes this post:

Penny (03-25-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    They look so cute in the photos and have such lovely names.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Thanks everyone! They are such wonderful little creatures to share my house with. They have a vet appointment on Tuesday, so here's hoping they pass with flying colours.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    They look so cute in the photos and have such lovely names.
    Thanks. Their full names are Luna Lovebird and Anakin Flysquawker.

12. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-26-2016)

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    Those are some cute Lovies!!!!

They sure look lovely together! I'm glad they are getting along so well.
    Penny Sebring | Kiki's Castle
    www.kikiscastle.com
    penny@kikiscastle.com

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Such cutie-pies! Nice update on Luna and Anakin, too! I like your playground set-up

16. The following user likes this post:

Penny (03-26-2016)