User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bi Monthly Photo Contest April 2016

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine

Bi Monthly Photo Contest April 2016

So I am giving everyone a bit of a head start by posting this before April 1st. Please do not post any entries until April.

Here are the regulations for our Bi Monthly Photo Contest:

Regulations for Precisely Parrots Bi Monthly Photo Contest
    Only one photo can be entered in each contest by a PP member per family
    The entered photo must have been taken by the member entering the photo
    The photos may be old or new, does not matter just as long as the above regulation is followed
    Once the photo is entered it cannot be changed
    Administration or Moderators may enter photos
    Topic does not have to be bird related
    Topic for the next contest will be chosen by the winner
    Prizes may be donated otherwise the prize will be a nice happy face and recognition for quality photography
    Photos showing prey animals (birds) in the same photo as a predator animals of any kind will not be accepted

Photos will be accepted for the first 3 weeks of April and the voting will take place from the 25th to the 30th of April. Contest to be closed during the voting.

The first subject chosen by Mare is REFLECTIONS. In order to assist you with ideas I am posting a link http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/reflect...-how-its-done/ It does take a while for this page to load. So get your cameras out and have fun!!

Photo entries are to be posted in this thread beginning April 1st.

If you wish to donate a prize please let me know by private message. Thanks

Last edited by spiritbird; 03-23-2016 at 07:41 PM.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

mdg1109 (03-23-2016), plax (03-24-2016), The Pinkertons (03-23-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I'm not going to check out the link because I want to keep a free mind without influence. Just one question though, the word reflections has two meanings, mirror images and contemplation/thoughtfulness - can our entries be related to either or, if not, which one?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (03-24-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Any reflective surface is good. Mirrors, glass, water and so on. Please do not confuse reflection with shadows. The two are different.

We have a wonderful member who has come forth and will be donating a prize for April's contest. Thank you Michelle. She is Charlie the Cockatoo's Mom. (mdg1109)

6. The following 2 users like this post:

mdg1109 (03-24-2016), The Pinkertons (03-24-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Just making sure everyone knows about this. We need your participation so we can continue to do this every other month.

8. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (03-24-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    I am trying to figure out what I want to take a picture of, there are so many options.....

10. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (03-24-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Never even gave another meaning to reflection a thought. Photos are visual for sure. One more item I thought of. If members that submit photos would give their photo a name it would help during the voting. Thanks

Banned

Thank you Michelle Very thoughtful and generous much appreciated

13. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-24-2016), mdg1109 (04-01-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Members this contest is now open for submissions. Please everyone participate so we can continue this every other month. Remember to give your photo a name.

15. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (04-01-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Ugh, there are so many possibilities!

17. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (04-01-2016), spiritbird (04-02-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I have an amazing photo of a rainbow that I thought might be a reflection from the sun but..Tim tells me no, that's a refraction..?..? What the heck is THAT?!..

19. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (04-02-2016)