User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feisty Bird

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Have you tried to find out what type of music he likes best?
    Casper is Shaniah Twain's biggest fan (in a small green feathery way).
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

2. The following 2 users like this post:

mdg1109 (03-22-2016), The Pinkertons (03-22-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Have you tried to find out what type of music he likes best?
    Casper is Shaniah Twain's biggest fan (in a small green feathery way).
    Jean-Pierre you are too funny. No I haven't found out what his favorite type is, how does one go about finding out what their birds favorite type of music is? He is only 4 months old he hasn't been exposed to much yet.

4. The following user likes this post:

The Pinkertons (03-23-2016)

Parrots

4 months old? perhaps nursery rhymes?
    Casper gets quite vocal when there is music he likes, he shreeks and la-la-las (not necessarily in time to the music). He has learnt middle C on the clarinet which he seems to have picked out of a jazz track. I don't know why he just chose that note. He also seems to like female vocalists with "earthy" voices - Janet Joplin, Amy Whitehouse, Joan Armatrading, etc. I suspect he would like to hear more Dolly Parton if I hadn't hidden the CD.

6. The following 2 users like this post:

mdg1109 (03-23-2016), The Pinkertons (03-23-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    4 months old? perhaps nursery rhymes?
    Casper gets quite vocal when there is music he likes, he shreeks and la-la-las (not necessarily in time to the music). He has learnt middle C on the clarinet which he seems to have picked out of a jazz track. I don't know why he just chose that note. He also seems to like female vocalists with "earthy" voices - Janet Joplin, Amy Whitehouse, Joan Armatrading, etc. I suspect he would like to hear more Dolly Parton if I hadn't hidden the CD.
    Now I know what to send Casper for Christmas, Shania and Dolly CD's. I can't say that I will be turning on nursery rhymes for Charlie, I myself can barely stand when my 5 year old son asks to watch Disney Jr. or Nick Jr. on TV.

Charlie will have to get used to Mumford & Sons, The Beatles, Kenny Chesney, Bruno Mars and instrumental music. I am in awe of Casper that he learned middle C on the clarinet

8. The following user likes this post:

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Rosie has always made her musical preference very clear.

When she was a baby she LOVED the song I'm Sexy and I Know It. It was hysterical. She now LOVES country music. Which is funny, bc I didn't listen to country before she lived with us. But when she heard a country song, she just started singing along. So she now has country playing on her TV when we are out. We listen to the Zac Brown station when we shower. She sings her little heart out. Funny how such a small creature can have such definite taste!!
    Rosie & Kendra

10. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (03-23-2016)

Banned

Stevie Ray Vaughan

What about Stevie Ray Vaughan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEJh2FFUUoU

12. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (03-23-2016)

Parrots

I love Zac Brown Bank Kendra, and I also love SRV Suzanne I have double trouble downloaded on my Iphone.

My 10 year old wore out I'm sexy and I know it when it first came out, out though the Kidz Bop version says I'm spicy and I know it but I think I had nightmares about that song for a few weeks, my son would listen to it on repeat

I might have to play DJ today to see what he likes....no only to come up with a good DJ name...Jean-Pierre any thoughts?

14. The following user likes this post:

Parrots

Tsk... youngsters today, what are they listening to? Same sort of stuff as us oldies it seems - we had Jimi Hendrix back then, may he rest in peace. I shall be rumaging in the vinyl collection this evening and dreaming about my mis-spent youth.

16. The following 2 users like this post:

mdg1109 (03-23-2016), The Pinkertons (03-23-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mdg1109 View Post
    I love Zac Brown Bank Kendra, and I also love SRV Suzanne I have double trouble downloaded on my Iphone.

My 10 year old wore out I'm sexy and I know it when it first came out, out though the Kidz Bop version says I'm spicy and I know it but I think I had nightmares about that song for a few weeks, my son would listen to it on repeat

I might have to play DJ today to see what he likes....no only to come up with a good DJ name...Jean-Pierre any thoughts?
    Joe Bonamasa Is still with us, I think his is awesome

https://youtu.be/SbUCUjsZm9E?list=RDSbUCUjsZm9E
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 03-23-2016 at 08:28 PM.

18. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-23-2016)