User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Nash!

They look the same as some of Luna's little feathers on the upper front part of her wing (if that makes sense), underneath the main feathers a little bit. I always see tiny little ones there of the same shape when she preens.

2. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-31-2016)

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash

His "wings" aren't black, but his flight feathers are at the ends! So it's probably where they come from like Luna said(:
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (05-08-2016), Mare (05-31-2016), The Pinkertons (05-08-2016)

Parrots

Nash is being really really weird lately! He is aggressive towards me and bites me hard every chance he gets.. I went on a little vacation over the weekend and left him with my dad and he's never been like this! My dad loves him to death and has had parrots his entire life.. they sent lots of pictures of Nash out and about and he knows what's safe and what's not for Nash... but now Nash is different. He is screaming a lot ( he never does that ) and is very aggressive. He is hormonal right now, but this is different.. I feel like I've failed

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by lolsavannahh View Post
    Nash is being really really weird lately! He is aggressive towards me and bites me hard every chance he gets.. I went on a little vacation over the weekend and left him with my dad and he's never been like this! My dad loves him to death and has had parrots his entire life.. they sent lots of pictures of Nash out and about and he knows what's safe and what's not for Nash... but now Nash is different. He is screaming a lot ( he never does that ) and is very aggressive. He is hormonal right now, but this is different.. I feel like I've failed
    Hmm. I wonder if, in addition to his raging hormones, he may resent the fact that you left him for a couple of days and thinks you may continue doing so? Maybe whatever is bothering him will subside in a while. Lets hope that's the case.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-31-2016), lolsavannahh (06-01-2016)

Banned

Even Non-human Creatures have off Days. Don't take it Personally...This to Shall Pass

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Sounds like he's mad at you for leaving him

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Parrots

I hope not! I don't know whats into him! Not only is he biting to the point of almost drawing blood... but he's also screaming all day! He usually shreds his toys and is a VERY good bird while I'm away.. and I'm even on summer vacation so he gets out 5+ more hours a day.... but still he is a jerk! I had to put him in his cage prematurely today because I couldn't take the flight attacks he was giving me! It's like he doesn't even recognize me!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lolsavannahh View Post
    I hope not! I don't know whats into him! Not only is he biting to the point of almost drawing blood... but he's also screaming all day! He usually shreds his toys and is a VERY good bird while I'm away.. and I'm even on summer vacation so he gets out 5+ more hours a day.... but still he is a jerk! I had to put him in his cage prematurely today because I couldn't take the flight attacks he was giving me! It's like he doesn't even recognize me!
    I don't want to cause alarm , but sometimes an abrupt shift in behavior could signal a potential health issue.
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 06-01-2016 at 05:49 AM.

Parrots

:0 I hope not.. I will see if it continues and get to vet on Friday if it is still happening!

Parrots

Here's some updates on Nash and Dory.. Sorry I haven't been very active.
    They have been REALLY quiet for the past week and really only talk in the morning and evening... Not even when they're out anymore. Dory is still not tamed, and unfortunately I haven't had much time to work with her as much as I would like to. She isn't super scared or aggressive, but I have yet to pet her, and she has really bad pinfeathers on her neck :0

16. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-10-2016)