User Tag List

Thread: Worried New Bird Mom....

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique

Worried New Bird Mom....

I feel like I have a newborn again (in a good way). I took Charlie to the vet today because I thought he was not gaining weight.

I was worried for nothing thankfully. He has gained weight, his first visit a little over a month ago he was 309 grams and now he is up to 317 grams!

She said we are doing a great job with him and he is perfect....needless to say I am feeling very relieved!

2. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (03-18-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Aw glad all is well and you are doing a great job! There are scales just for birds if you want to weigh him in-between vet visits. You can get them with or without a perch. Usually one needs to train a bird to step up on them. When I had my African Grey I had a scale and it worked out well.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Karen (03-18-2016), mdg1109 (03-19-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    When Casper first moved in we had a couple of vet visits like that, then we realised what a tough little critter he is. However, if in doubt, it is always best to visit the vet too soon, rather than too late.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following 2 users like this post:

mdg1109 (03-19-2016), Penny (03-18-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I was the same way with Rosie. I called the store with worried questions and went to the vet often.
    Rosie & Kendra

Banned

Good to know all is well, I'm confident your going to be the best Birdie Mom ever.

9. The following 2 users like this post:

mdg1109 (03-19-2016), Penny (03-18-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    I have to say, it is nice being here on PP! Everyone has been so helpful and kind and generous with their information. I am glad to know that I am not the only one that worries!

I like that there is a group like ours with fellow bird enthusiast that I can share with and learn from, whether it be good or bad!

11. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (03-19-2016), spiritbird (03-19-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mdg1109 View Post
    I have to say, it is nice being here on PP! Everyone has been so helpful and kind and generous with their information. I am glad to know that I am not the only one that worries!

I like that there is a group like ours with fellow bird enthusiast that I can share with and learn from, whether it be good or bad!
    It's reassuring to know we have each other for support and encouragement

13. The following 2 users like this post:

mdg1109 (03-19-2016), Penny (03-20-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    That is the backbone behind bird forums. Well, this one anyway.

15. The following 2 users like this post:

mdg1109 (03-20-2016), Penny (03-20-2016)