User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outdoor Enrichment

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Haha the lady thought she had a free parrot. I once found a donkey wandering about in the back lanes. I couldn't work out which field he had come out of. I made a temporary halter out of a tow rope and was wondering how I was going to fit him in the back of the Volvo saloon when his owner rocked up in a Land Rover. I had mixed emotions, I would have loved to take him home despite having nowhere to keep him but was very glad that he was back with his rightful owner.
    I think Casper, like Kiwi, knows he is in a pretty cushy roost here, especially after his last gig, and isn't going to let us out of his sight.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

2. The following 2 users like this post:

PlaxMacaws (03-17-2016), The Pinkertons (03-17-2016)

Banned

I have a used 8 ft octagon aviary that needs to go up. I want to put it on a concrete pad and need to get a couple of estimates for that. What I eventually want to add is a second one that I can leave Kalea out in, but one she should not be able to tear apart as I know she will with the octagon one since that does not have the heavier wire on it. I need to get that in the works to see arms, legs and my first born it might cost.

One of the things I need to also figure out is what type of covering to place on top. I get snow here and a couple of weeks ago had 50 mph winds so need to keep that in mind too.

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Get the guy who does the shuttering and makes the base to set some brackets into the concrete that the uprights of the octagon can be bolted to. That way, if the roof is well attached to the uprights it isn't going to do a Mary Poppins.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following user likes this post:

plax (03-27-2016)