User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping On Food Bowl

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    We sometimes wonder, because Casper is quite a good bomb aimer, whether the poop he occasionally does in one or both of his food bowls is a comment on the chef's menu for the day.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

2. The following 4 users like this post:

kendrafitz (03-16-2016), mdg1109 (03-16-2016), plax (03-17-2016), The Pinkertons (03-17-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    So I peeked at Charlie before I went to bed last night and he is sleeping on the food bowl. He had his face in the corner of the cage where the blankets come together. So I am thinking I need to get him a little tent (I do not know the technical name for it). So I will be ordering one of these today.

He was so cute and started crying for me to take him out and I really wanted to but alas it was bed time

Hopefully the tent thingy will solve this problem along with some new perches!

4. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (03-16-2016), The Pinkertons (03-17-2016)

Parrots

Save money! Margaret just stitched a bit of ribbon onto a piece of fleece material and tied it next to Casper's sleeping perch for him to cuddle up to which he likes. I think she did two so that he can be using one whilst the other is in the laundry.

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (03-18-2016), mdg1109 (03-17-2016), The Pinkertons (03-17-2016)

Banned

Birdie bed time

I have a fleece Throw that I cut 2x2 squares and tied onto the bars on one side of the cage where the highest perch is they like to snuggle next to that, at birdie bed time.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

mdg1109 (03-17-2016), spiritbird (03-17-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Thank you. I am little concerned after I did some reading about him ingesting the fibers so I have some cotton material that I am going to try and make Charlie proof (if there is such a thing) and put it next to his perch! I am going to post another picture of his cage. I went yesterday and got new perches, 1 rope one and 1 wood one so he does not develop problems with this feet. I also moved some stuff around. Hopefully this helps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UpdatedCage1.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	3908

Banned

Lookin good,

11. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (03-18-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Charlie is well taken care of for sure.

13. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (03-18-2016)

Parrots

We tend to try things and monitor progress. Casper has never tried to chew his sleeptime cosy so no problems with fibres, If he did we would remove it. But he doesn't so we haven't.

15. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (03-18-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    Charlie is well taken care of for sure.
    Thank you Dianne, he is very well loved and cared for and has stolen all of our hearts!

Jean-Pierre it is funny that we are talking about Charlie ingesting fibers, I saw him this morning trying to pull the fleece blanket I keep over his cage at night through the bars! Little turkey! Casper is beautiful, how old is he and how long have you had him?

Parrots

Casper is 28 and decided that Margaret was his best friend nearly four years ago now when we were trying to rehome him for my mother. We didn't see that one coming.

Casper did start to shred one of those multicolour cotton perches he had in his cage. He became ill at about that time so I did mention it to the vet so he could check his gut. Apparently he was fine and his illness was due to a virus or something. The perch was removed from his cage anyway, just to be sure. He has a couple of the natural fibre rope perches that he doesn't chew. He is very happy this afternoon because he has been given a nice new cardboard box to modify.
    Last edited by Casper's 2nd best friend; 03-18-2016 at 04:06 PM.

18. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (03-18-2016)