User Tag List

Thread: Joking aside...

Banned

Joking aside...

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for being so gracious and embracing with open arms, please bare with me while I get comfortable with this new title "Super Moderator". I am most appreciative of Tony for giving me this opportunity, to assist him on this Forum, in behalf of the Birds we all love, by keeping PRECISLEY PARROTS a proactive and enriching experience for all who seek to enhance the lives' of their beloved companion birds.
    Best Regard's too all!
    Sincerely, Suzanne

2. The following 11 users like this post:

Karen (03-18-2016), kendrafitz (03-14-2016), Lady (03-15-2016), lolsavannahh (03-14-2016), Macaw Lover (03-17-2016), Mare (03-14-2016), mdg1109 (03-15-2016), Penny (03-15-2016), plax (03-14-2016), spiritbird (03-14-2016), wingman (03-16-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Thank you, Suzanne . I think you are, and will continue to be a wonderful fit here
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-15-2016), Karen (03-18-2016), Mare (03-14-2016), Penny (03-15-2016), spiritbird (03-14-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Suzanne we are very grateful that you are prepared to take on the onerous task of vetting all the drivel we write.
    Have a video of Pinkerton's assorted colours (in black and white) as a reward.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50oIeBOVPHg
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Karen (03-18-2016), plax (03-15-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Suzanne we are very grateful that you are prepared to take on the onerous task of vetting all the drivel we write.

Wow, from 1966! I guess we now know that Pinkertons rock! Perhaps not as harshly as Pink Floyd or the female singer 'Pink'. But still
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-15-2016), The Pinkertons (03-15-2016)

Banned

That's Funny...

The Pinkerton's 1966, Here we are...2016! Isn't their a Canadian TV series about Detectives called The Pinkertons also

10. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-15-2016)

Parrots

The show that the Pinkertons were appearing in, introduced by the people surrounded by pets, is called Blue Peter. Its a kids program that has been running since 1958 which I think makes it the longest running kids show ever.

Banned

Hum...Very interesting , Pray tell

The show that the Pinkertons were appearing in, introduced by the people surrounded by pets, is called Blue Peter. Its a kids program that has been running since 1958 which I think makes it the longest running kids show ever.

Parrots

Here we go, its even in Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Peter
    I think its survival is due to the fact that the production team are tuned in to what kids of the day are interested in.

14. The following user likes this post:

The Pinkertons (03-16-2016)

Parrots

Whilst I am in useless information mode, were you aware of the following?
    Pinkerton, founded as the Pinkerton National Detective Agency, is a private security guard and detective agency established in the United States by Allan Pinkerton in 1850 and currently a subsidiary of Securitas AB. Wikipedia

Pinkerton was an emigre Scot.

Ignoring all this random confusion, I think your choice of "the Pinkertons" as a name is brilliant.

Banned

Whilst I am in useless information mode, were you aware of the following?
    Pinkerton, founded as the Pinkerton National Detective Agency, is a private security guard and detective agency established in the United States by Allan Pinkerton in 1850 and currently a subsidiary of Securitas AB. Wikipedia

Pinkerton was an emigre Scot.

Ignoring all this random confusion, I think your choice of "the Pinkertons" as a name is brilliant.
    Thank you for taking an interest in the origin of "The Pinkerton's " you are correct . I thought it was fitting for them being that they are pink!

17. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-16-2016)