User Tag List

Thread: Over the top cage perch

Over the top cage perch

Made this so our bird is able to perch outside when let out of cage.
    This is an easy DIY project.
    We made the perch a little flat also.

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-09-2016), kendrafitz (03-09-2016), lolsavannahh (03-10-2016), Mare (03-12-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Excellent, easy to make, just needs a couple of strips of inch by eighth aluminium bar, drilled and then bent in the vice and a perch. I started doing this because the ready made ones you can buy here just had acrylic supports which quickly got broken by us humans bumping in to them. Because Caspers cage has an arched top I put this one on the front. We call it his balcony and it his favourite place to be (apart from on a shoulder).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0461.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	3862
    I did smooth off all the edges and then purely for my own satisfaction, buffed it up to a nice shiny finish. Thinking that the thin metal might be a bit uncomfortable on his feet when he walks along it I put some plastic edge cover pieces on. Casper didn't see the need and soon had the covers shredded all over the floor.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 2 users like this post:

HMAN (03-11-2016), Mare (03-12-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Excellent, easy to make, just needs a couple of strips of inch by eighth aluminium bar, drilled and then bent in the vice and a perch. I started doing this because the ready made ones you can buy here just had acrylic supports which quickly got broken by us humans bumping in to them. Because Caspers cage has an arched top I put this one on the front. We call it his balcony and it his favourite place to be (apart from on a shoulder).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0461.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	3862
    I did smooth off all the edges and then purely for my own satisfaction, buffed it up to a nice shiny finish. Thinking that the thin metal might be a bit uncomfortable on his feet when he walks along it I put some plastic edge cover pieces on. Casper didn't see the need and soon had the covers shredded all over the floor.
    You could fit this perch set up on a arched cage as well.
    When get a chance do a video show how it is done.
    Plus a closer look how we attach the bracket onto the cage.