User Tag List

Thread: The Top 5 Safety Hazards in Your Home for Birds

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine

The Top 5 Safety Hazards in Your Home for Birds

2. The following user likes this post:

lolsavannahh (02-29-2016)

Parrots

5 cockatiels (Emma, Ellie, Nala, two I haven't named yet) 2 parakeets (Lady & Tramp)
    Glue fly traps should be added to this.

4. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (02-29-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    I think electrical cords might want to be added to the list? Charlie tried to pick up the vacuum electrical cord the other day, thank goodness it was not plugged in and we have bird proofed the other electrical cords.

Thank you for posting this link!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    My cat has always had a fascination for cords. She chews them so I covered every one of them.

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash
    mirrors! That's a big one.. They think it's another bird and will fly head on into any mirror larger than them.. Be carefull my baby accidentally attacked the mirror in the bathroom the other day when we were taking a shower and he's okay.. but just wanted to sahre that even if they see it a lot their hormones can make them act up suddenly!
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I have just read an article that an owner posted about an air conditioner that was not working properly. Their bird died and this person thinks the freon might of escaped into the house and had something to do with the birds death. Here is a link to the article, (it's the last one on the page):http://www.parrotparrot.com/alerts-toxins/

I figure with many folks getting ready for the dog days of summer it would be worth thinking about whether or not it's a possibility.

If you read some of the other stories there is a toy called Lava rock that I myself was interested in but since reading the story, I won't be getting one.