User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Introducing Anakin

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    That looks like the same photo in the same place but I will try tomorrow.

Same photo, but the last one was uploaded to a different website. I was able to re-download and edit it, but if there is still an issue, I'll see about taking another one.

3. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (02-26-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    What a pretty birdie! Congratulations!
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    What a pretty birdie! Congratulations!
    Thank you!

He's proven to be an excellent decision so far. He eats really well; I caught him munching on pellets and the vegetables I gave him, so that's one less thing to worry about. I'll be glad when his new cage arrives and he has some more room to enjoy himself while I have him in quarantine.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Did you see the second signature yet?

Parrots

Sun conure, Black crowned conure, Yellow sided conure, and an IRN
    They are both very pretty!

Finally got set up in the new cage today. It's not the best cage, but it seems to suit Luna just fine. It's certainly roomy enough. I plan on upgrading them both after we sort out the vet visit in a few weeks.

This morning before the change over I let Anakin out for a bit. There was a lot of noise thanks to Luna's squawking in another room. I persevered - just (he's a set of air sacs on him) - and he calmed a bit. Enough to come down from his high perch spot and sit on the window sil. Eventually he plucked up the courage to sit on top of his cage and eat from the food bowl I put up for him. He was a bit jumpy about it because of the proximity to me, but I'll take what I can get. Getting him back in proved a bit stressful. Hopefully it didn't undo the good work. I'm not sure how I'm going to get around that except maybe to do the out time at night when it's easier to get him.

9. The following user likes this post:

Lady (03-01-2016)

We made some progress last night. He accidentally found his way to the back of my chair and hung out there next to my head for a while. He came back deliberately a second time.

He's also not as paranoid about dipping his head in his food bowl to eat next to me. Baby steps.

I took this one today while he was out.

11. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (03-12-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Very nice set up. Love the climbing net inside the cage. Do your like it?

He spends most of his time perched on top of it rather than actually playing with it. I may try to hang up the other two ends so he gets more use of it. Luna has a cargo net in her cage hung up in this way that she loves, but she's generally more adventurous with the things in her cage. I think Anakin is still getting comfortable.