User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Anakin

Post Introducing Anakin

I caved. I spoke with my partner last night about a little lovie in the RSPCA shelter down the road. I was surprised that he was all for going to see him. We walked down there and he was sat on a perch, completely still, with a corella in the cage next to him going absolutely nuts. They kept the birds very well - they had huge cages and lots of good food. Plenty of toys and proper perches. It was good to see.

Anyway, I met the little guy and decided to get him. He's beautiful. I had thought he was pied from his pic, but it turns out he's a regular Australian Cinnamon. I couldn't get a good picture of his tail feathers.

I don't know how old he is or anything. He came in an as a stray, so there was very little info about him. They vet checked him and microchipped him and have said that he's healthy. I have him in quarantine at least until I can get him to a vet for a check up. In the second picture, you can see his banded leg is missing a claw, and probably part of the toe. It looks like an old injury as it's totally healed over. He's eating well, drinking plenty of water, and his poops are fine. I don't think he's very hand shy, but only time will tell if that's true. I read a chapter of a book to him this morning and he seemed perfectly content. So all in all, a happy bird, if not a little scared of all the new people and things.

He and Luna have been singing to each other all morning.

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-26-2016), Lady (02-26-2016), lolsavannahh (02-25-2016), wingman (02-25-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Oh my goodness what a cutie! SPCA here does not keep any birds. You are so lucky to have this little one. Do you know he is a he for sure? I feel a signature coming. The second photo would be good to use so all I need is one of your other bird.
    Last edited by spiritbird; 02-24-2016 at 10:54 PM.

4. The following user likes this post:

LunaLovebird (02-25-2016)

They don't have many birds, but the building is massive and they have their own room with cages. It was such a nice place.

They told me he was a he, but when I asked if he was DNA sexed, the lady couldn't say. I don't think the people doing the introductions and paperwork really knew much beyond what was on the vet's paperwork. I'm taking him to my avian vet in a few weeks. I'll find out for sure then.

I have heaps of photos of Luna you can use. I'll find one in a bit.

6. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (02-25-2016)

Such a sweet face too.

Parrots

Crimson Bellied Conure
    Congrats. Handsome fellow.

Thank You Spiritbird

The sweetest!

Dianne, would any of these work?

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (02-26-2016), wingman (02-25-2016)

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash
    I love him!!! I hope to be adopting a new lovie myself soon so it's so nice to see that your ASPCA carries them! Ours does not, but we do have several parrot rescues.. Also I love his colors! Mine is just a normal green, but I love the 'whites' on him as well!

I hope he turns out to be an amazing bird!
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

12. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (02-25-2016)

I'd been keeping my eye on the RSPCA's adoption website for about a month. He was one of I think 2 lovebirds that popped up in that time. I saw his profile maybe 4 days ago and kept going back to it. They had a better photo of the colours on his back and tail than I currently have. He's a very pretty bird.

Looking at him again, I think I might be wrong about his colour mutation. He doesn't have pink feet. My guess is edged dilute / marbled.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I will use the third photo. Shows the colors well. Will start tomorrow and post in the signature thread.

Thank you. She still had her little baby face in the third one as well.