User Tag List

Thread: Billy and Lucy

Parrots

Sun conure, Black crowned conure, Yellow sided conure, and an IRN

Billy and Lucy

Billy belongs to my husband - a 4 month old black capped conure. So far he's a real sweetheart, very well hand tamed, rather than just hand fed. He sticks to my husband like glue, so the bond is there.

Lucy is my baby - a 5 week old yellow sided GCC who is determined that she needs to be fed every time she hears my voice. She's a great little eater, the easiest I have ever hand fed. And, she loves her lamb. I think she is going to be a real beauty once she feathers up good, but you have to admit that fluffy little butt is pretty cute. She has quite a bit of blue on her wings, yellow and orange on her tummy, the slightest bit of red on her cheeks and red tail feathers.

Thanks for looking! Quite the change from a rowdy cockatoo with murder in his eyes, but we love them.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (02-24-2016), Lady (02-26-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    So sweet. Love that Lucy cuddles with her lamb.
    Rosie & Kendra

4. The following user likes this post:

Sucre (02-27-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    How precious. I am so envious because my birds are untouchable.

6. The following user likes this post:

Sucre (02-27-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Ohhh how sweet they both look. What a wonderful couple of little cuties! Every time someone post a baby pic that mommy feeling comes creeping in my heart!

8. The following user likes this post:

Sucre (02-27-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    Billy is very handsome, and Lucy is SO ADORABLE!
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

10. The following user likes this post:

Sucre (02-27-2016)

Parrots

Sun conure, Black crowned conure, Yellow sided conure, and an IRN
    Thanks, everyone. It's nice to be able to watch them grow. I can't wait until Lucy is old enough to join Billy in the big bird cage.

I don't think she's ever going to sample seed / millet. She loves her hand feedings too much!

Dianne, your babies aren't tame? We've raised all of ours from the time they were down to at least 2 hand feedings a day, but it really takes a lot of work to keep them that way once they are weaned. My parrotlet is a little flighty, but does enjoy human contact. She'll nip you for the first 2 or 3 minutes and then she's a love bug. My lovebirds are getting back on the wild side a bit, we lost so much time with them dealing with Sucre (the rabid cockatoo). I'm working with them individually again, but one of them is so jealous of any time that I spend with the others that sometimes I think about just letting them go wild and do their thing - they have each other. The conures are great, but Billy is just 4 months old and Lucy is only 6 weeks.