User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know about or heard of HQ Cages?

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    Well, with a B&G, you have 2 choices. Get spendy and buy a SS cage like Expandable Habitats or Animal Environments. They will likely last forever.

Or buy a double macaw cage from one of the China 3, knowing you will need to repair welds and have it repowder coated here and there (or keep buying new ones).

There is a guy whose company is called Reed Seed, who goes to some of the birds shows. He often does have amazing deals on HQ. Last year he was selling double macaw cages for just $399. If you let him know ahead of time what show you will be at that he is, and pay for the cage, he will bring it and then you pick it up there. No shipping so a much better price.

http://reedseedco.com/

2. The following user likes this post:

Gburchett (05-13-2013)

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    I am completely with Audrey, we are working slowly on converting some of our cages to stainless steel or heavy cages that will not need the constant upkeep of the powercoates ones(meaning repowdercoating, so much rust, etc...) I think the best of the three is kings as well they are amazing cages and last a long time, although I know a blue and gold the destroyed bars in the kings cage and this was an old made in Europe model.

4. The following user likes this post:

Gburchett (05-13-2013)

Parrots

LILO - B&G Macaw
    I've thought about the SS cages. It's a pretty big investment, but I guess for a bird that will definitely out live me, it's not that big. Just a big initial cost. I'll have to start saving up.

6. The following 2 users like this post:

mistywaterwoman (05-13-2013), roxynoodle (05-13-2013)

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    I recommended the two companies I did because their cages are of the highest quality and made in the US. AE (Animal Environments) welds those cages to withstand an earthquake so they are macaw proof, lol! Both of those companies produce a top product, which is heads above a SS cage made by Kings, A&E or HQ.

8. The following user likes this post:

Gburchett (05-13-2013)

Parrots

LILO - B&G Macaw
    Quote Originally Posted by roxynoodle View Post
    I recommended the two companies I did because their cages are of the highest quality and made in the US. AE (Animal Environments) welds those cages to withstand an earthquake so they are macaw proof, lol! Both of those companies produce a top product, which is heads above a SS cage made by Kings, A&E or HQ.

I would much rather buy something made here. I don't mind paying a little more for American made products. Tired of everything being made over seas. I'll look into those cages. Thanks

I HATE HQ cages.

I LOVE A&E cages.

Why?

Well I'll tell ya. The HQ cages have TINY *** WHEELS for their BIG cages!

A&E recognizes that a BIG double or double giant macaw cage NEEDS big wheels. So they have big wheels. The regular 40"x30" A&E cages also have big wheels.

But WHY does HQ be so silly and provide tiny tiny tiny wheels for a cage that's 500 pounds?

I'll never know...

A&E ROCKS compared to HQ.

Neve seen one before but I heard they look like King's cages.

I have my GW in a 48" wide A&E cage, but the dome top. IMHO dome tops provide those big macs quite a bit of additional head room, and room for more toys and activities.

This here are my top bird cage brands