User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Unknown Origins - Dangers Of Craigslist

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    The drawing. Is really good. Do you do the adult coloring books?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    The drawing. Is really good. Do you do the adult coloring books?
    What is adult coloring books? I have a collection of coloring books I colored with my mom when she was alive, I saved them for my daughter but I do still color from time to time. :P I know it's kind of childish after all I am 25, but I am such a big kid at heart. :P

3. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (02-15-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Adult coloring books can be found on Amazon and in most craft stores. If you have a Michaels you will find several there. Its a wonderful way to relax and be creative at the same time. I do some in books and in an app on Kindle. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ok%2Caps%2C146

Here is an example of one done on Kindle:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SuperPhoto_160208234609.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	3674

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    Adult coloring books can be found on Amazon and in most craft stores. If you have a Michaels you will find several there. Its a wonderful way to relax and be creative at the same time. I do some in books and in an app on Kindle. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ok%2Caps%2C146

Here is an example of one done on Kindle:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SuperPhoto_160208234609.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	3674
    That's so pretty! I have seen those before in Barnes and Nobles and Books A Million. I need to get some of those. :P

6. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (02-15-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    Kristin - if it helps I don't think Renée meant any harm by her laughing at yourself comment. I read it as laugh at how insane the situation was. The woman trying to hide poor Carlos' handicap and acting like everything was normal. For me it's if I don't laugh about the craziness in life, I will end up crying. If that makes sense. I can't tell you how many times finding even the smallest bit of humor in a bad situation has helped me. Anyway, getting back to the point, I think the comment was without any ill intent.

Thank goodness you were the person who replied. I can see how much you love him and will do everything you can to give him a good life. Carlos is a very lucky guy/girl.
    Thank you Kendra, you got it at least.

Let me try say it this way:

One day, many years in the future, you will be talking to a friend or maybe your hubby, talking about crazy things you have done, or maybe just realizing just how much you have learned in the past 10-20-30 years and you will remember the day you got Carlos, the dark corner he was in, how he fell over and it wasn't until several days later that you noticed that the wings were not even, to find out part of one was missing.

The lesson here is that you have to be your own advocate, and when buying anything, you don't hand over any money until you check things out to make sure of the condition something is in whether it be a desk, a computer or a bird. Believe me when I say you will laugh at yourself in years to come and will be much more vigilant when buying anything used the next time. Oops, in the case of birds, the term would be rehome.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-16-2016), Cpara (02-16-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Macaw Lover View Post
    Thank you Kendra, you got it at least.

Let me try say it this way:

One day, many years in the future, you will be talking to a friend or maybe your hubby, talking about crazy things you have done, or maybe just realizing just how much you have learned in the past 10-20-30 years and you will remember the day you got Carlos, the dark corner he was in, how he fell over and it wasn't until several days later that you noticed that the wings were not even, to find out part of one was missing.

The lesson here is that you have to be your own advocate, and when buying anything, you don't hand over any money until you check things out to make sure of the condition something is in whether it be a desk, a computer or a bird. Believe me when I say you will laugh at yourself in years to come and will be much more vigilant when buying anything used the next time. Oops, in the case of birds, the term would be rehome.
    I agree to an extent, I should have checked him over better, but I'm just happy he's here.

10. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (02-16-2016)