User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet my buddy - Red Crowned Mexican

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Nice drawing of Carlos. Seems you have a knack for it. In spite of his situation you will make his world wonderful with the love and attention he is getting.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Nice drawing of Carlos. Seems you have a knack for it. In spite of his situation you will make his world wonderful with the love and attention he is getting.
    Thank you. I definitely try to accommodate him in his predicament. last night he slid to the carpet not hard, he was doing his crazy dance thing going crazy on me. Poor guy, he's alright though.

Super Moderator

Parrots

HAHA a crazy dance? Sounds like Lady! She does a lot of swaying and her whole body bobs up and down with wings flapping. It cracks me up !

Banned

I need help to cope... The lady who sold Carlos not only didn't tell me about the wing, but I got the test result Carlos is a SHE! AND she has been exposed to parrot fever! They don't know if she is a carrier they just know she's been exposed. I have to get another test done now...

I contacted the previous owner she said she was told the bird was a HE, and she said he was the only bird there. And she claims is wing is perfectly fine and intact. She said she will get her children checked, but I'm left worrying about my own two year old and Jazzy and the budgies. She also said the bird didn't appear sick. I have noticed she puffs up a lot and sleeps a lot, she still eats but not a lot. Please pray...

I don't want to lose my babies!!! I feel utterly deceived.

I will name her Ruby.... Bless her lord. I don't want to lose her, I feel sick I can't bare this... Pray she's not a carrier.

Banned

The lady said she had the bird for 6 years and she purchased her when she was a year old... Ruby is 7. The lady said no symptoms with the bird or her family. Should i worry?

Super Moderator

Parrots

Aww Kristin, I'm sending prayers for all of you. Try not to think the worst, but do what you need to do for your child and Ruby. Take a deep breath and follow what the avian vet tells you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Aww Kristin, I'm sending prayers for all of you. Try not to think the worst, but do what you need to do for your child and Ruby. Take a deep breath and follow what the avian vet tells you.
    I'm truly heartbroken... I feel like a dummy. I truly love Ruby but If she has this it could put us all at risk.

Banned

I feel like that movie Outbreak about Ebola except this isn't Ebola it's parrot fever. I'm worried about my daughter, my husband, and my entire flock!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Yes, I understand but let's not loose hope! When is the next test so you can know for sure and take the appropriate action.

First rule when bringing any bird into your home is quarantine. That is a responsibility that always needs to be adhered to because you don't know if a bird could be carrying something and when the bird gets stressed, that is the time things might appear.