User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet my buddy - Red Crowned Mexican

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Casper molts twice a year, in January/February and September/October. And then randomly the primary wing and tail feathers, and a couple of times since he came here (3 years ago) the feathers across the top of his beak all at once - which seems a daft way to do it if you ask me, but what do I know, I'm not an Amazon.
    A floofy moment:

New hairstyle by Jean-Pierre Declemy, on Flickr

Comments from Margaret (Casper's best friend):

It looks like there has been an explosion in a pillow factory
    Your stuffings coming out (when there is down everywhere)
    More pics in Casper's flickr album https://www.flickr.com/photos/dsdriv...57630576496804
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

2. The following 4 users like this post:

kendrafitz (02-13-2016), Lady (02-13-2016), Mare (02-14-2016), spiritbird (02-13-2016)

Banned

That is too cute , awww

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Kristin

Your amazon is quite the looker~ So nice of you to post a pic of h/her. How exciting to have a new bird join your family. What made you want a bird and did you want an amazon in particular?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Hi Kristin

Your amazon is quite the looker~ So nice of you to post a pic of h/her. How exciting to have a new bird join your family. What made you want a bird and did you want an amazon in particular?
    Thank you so much.

I wanted a bird mainly because I love pets, I had already owned a dog, 2 cats, a rabbit, some chickens, ducks, geese, Guinea fowl, turkeys, and some indoor budgies. I may never naturally have another baby, I only have a 2 year old it was a very tough and dangerous pregnancy for my daughter. So yea animals help me cope with so much, and on top of that it's hard for me to socialize well since I have Tourette's and so forth.

I honestly wanted an Amazon or a macaw, I saw a zon I liked at the store but unfortunately it was not for sale. I found my buddy here on Craigslist so I just had to get him. best decision I ever made to be quite honest.

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-13-2016), kendrafitz (02-13-2016), Lady (02-13-2016)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Wow, Carlos/Carlisle/Carla is a very nice looking Zon! Sorry to be late to your thread, but welcome to our community, Kristin
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    Wow, Carlos/Carlisle/Carla is a very nice looking Zon! Sorry to be late to your thread, but welcome to our community, Kristin
    Thank you for the welcome. yup he or she's definitely my little buddy. :P

9. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (02-14-2016)

Banned

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0333.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	3687Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0336.jpg 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	3688

He is hormonal, I opened to take some pics and he was doing a dance and his eyes began to rapidly dilate, so I was like okay... I will leave you to yourself for a tad. :P He didn't want to be bothered. Earlier he took a very small tumble and fell to the soft carpet because he was going crazy on the short perch my hubby made, I am sure he is okay Thank God.

I feel so sad for him during these hormonal phases because sometimes he just goes out of it, poor guy but he will be just fine with due time.

11. The following user likes this post:

Lady (02-17-2016)

Banned

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0258.jpg 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	3689

This is a drawing I did for my buddy - On my other topic about Jazzy I will post my new drawing of her! Please check it out in the Macaw section!

PS. I am sorry it's upside down, on my pc it is right side up but for some reason on here it is upside down. :P

Edit: Update on Carlos, he is now saying step up because Jazzy says it. I swear I think he is pulling out all the tricks because he is jealous but not in a mean destructive way but in a cute way. Now when Jazzy talks I can hear him talk from the other room, I have them separated for quarantine but he can hear her haha.
    Last edited by BirdWhisperer; 02-17-2016 at 03:19 AM.

13. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (02-17-2016)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdWhisperer View Post
    PS. I am sorry it's upside down, on my pc it is right side up but for some reason on here it is upside down. :P
    I guess that means you're flippin' the bird at us

Carlos is looking very nice. He's pretty. Thanks for posting
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    I guess that means you're flippin' the bird at us

Carlos is looking very nice. He's pretty. Thanks for posting
    Ha-ha that is a good one! And thanks, he's definitely my buddy. I just feel so sorry for him sometimes because since his wing is messed up he does not have good balance.

16. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (02-17-2016)