User Tag List

Thread: So how's Salty doing? 2-9-16

Parrots

Yellow shouldered Amazon, Salty

So how's Salty doing? 2-9-16

The answer is great! He is picking up words and tricks. He is a training session or 2 away from rolling over on his own, cuz last nites session he went 3/4 of the way over and just put out a foot for me to help complete the move. He now spins in a circle on command, either direction, and says "Circle " now too. He gives a high five and shakes hands. He is becoming more friendly with my wife, who has taken to sitting next to his cage during the day, talking to him and giving him his fruit bits for the day. Now he will step up for her with a minimum or no fuss. Still no giving scratchies from her, but thats just a matter of time.

He continues to have dinner with us every night, even pizza nights, where he gets the crust from a slice. Man, he goes to town on that too!
    Most nites, he spends on my shoulder, after exploring a bit, and settles down and soon its nite nite time. When he goes into his cage for beddy bye, he will some times go to his pellet cup for a lite snack, and after a few bites he will get up on his sleeping perch. But sometimes he starts to play with a foot toy, and I have to say " Get that fuzzy green butt on your perch!" and he knows I mean business. He sometimes likes to rub his cheek against mine, we call that making 'nice nice'.

An altogether excellent parrot!
    HI , I am Salty, a yellow shouldered Amazon, hatched June 15, 2015. I will be a pirate someday, just like my daddy!

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-09-2016), Lady (02-10-2016), Mare (02-09-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Amazons must be fun birds to have in your life. Can you get some videos of his play times?

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-09-2016), Mare (02-09-2016)

Parrots

Yellow shouldered Amazon, Salty
    Yeah, I am working on that. WHen a 'zon is good they are very good, but when they are lead astray, man they can be a real challenge to bring back.
    My yellow nape was a bear to handle, and I was his person!
    HI , I am Salty, a yellow shouldered Amazon, hatched June 15, 2015. I will be a pirate someday, just like my daddy!

6. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (02-09-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    That was a great read. So glad Salty is enjoying his tricks. I'm sure your wife is very glad he is warming up to her too!