User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: !!Help us save Rudy!!

Banned

Good luck with your efforts

Quote Originally Posted by lolsavannahh View Post
    Well we've thought about it for sure! But ASPCA ( at least the ones near us ) is known to not be reputable, and them having all 300 of those birds would be no better than John. We are the ONLY bird rescue in the state of Georgia right now, the last 2 have shut down from lack of support or other reasons, so it's not like we have many other places those birds can go to either if we do happen to shut them down and take in birds.

The problem is, is that John and Michelle somehow know when the DOA is coming in for those special "surprise" visits and will have everything up to par whenever she walks in every time, so she passes them with flying colors. The ASPCA would look at this record before coming into the store in the first place, and see that there's nothing wrong and if they do find something wrong, then they would just give 2 verbal warnings before even doing anything at all.

I will try to get videos of the place/bird side of the store and show you how bad it is! The ASPCA is also known to be a kill shelter rather then a "lets find out what's wrong and treat it accordingly" kind of place. Although they do help lots of animals don't get me wrong, they would want to get those probably 400+ animals out of there before they were to try to treat every single one for whatever disease it has. They would most likely kill the sickest ones, and then try to get the rest out the door in the fastest way possible.

Also, as far as I know, there's really not any other animal cruelty group near us but we will check it out and I will run it by the Papayago to see if that's an option we are willing to try
    That inspector must not have been there in quite a long time. From the looks of that cage it looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years. Hard to imagine with 300 some birds in this condition to be up to par in short notice. Just for the record ASPCA is not a kill shelter. Possibly you meant the local animal shelter.

The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA®) was the first humane society to be established in North America and is, today, one of the largest in the world.

Our organization was founded on the belief that animals are entitled to kind and respectful treatment at the hands of humans and must be protected under the law. Headquartered in New York City, the ASPCA maintains a strong local presence, and with programs that extend our anti-cruelty mission across the country, we are recognized as a national animal welfare organization. We are a privately funded 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, and are proud to boast more than 2 million supporters across the country.

The ASPCA’s mission, as stated by founder Henry Bergh in 1866, is “to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals throughout the United States.”

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Thanks for the update, Savannah. It's hard to imagine that a pet store has 300 birds. What's the point? And how does he manage to even provide substandard maintenance for 300 birds? Even with a few employees that's a huge daily task and responsibility! The building must be quite large as well. What a disturbingly bizarre situation
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Banned

It appears to be more of a hoarding situation than a pet store. Contact the local animal shelter ( if you go in person to speak to them it would make more of an impact for them to take action , take you pictures )and explain to them you represent a rescue organization that Is certified , and you would be willing to work in tandem with them, to care for the birds , rehabilitate, and rehome, I am pretty sure that they would cooperate with your rescue Org. Shelters are already overflowing with unwanted animals and I know that they work with local rescues to help with abused animals. it is a law! . They have the authority ,To seize and shut down. Rescues collect and rehabilitate.

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash
    I will talk to the Papayago people tomorrow! To be honest I have been just sitting and waiting for a while but you guys have got me riled up again and this needs to be stopped!

I guess I probably am thinking of a local shelter and not the ASPCA itself, but I coulda sworn they said they were ASPCA and were a kill shelter ( but I am probably totally wrong XD )

Papayago have room for about 3 more birds LOL, we are so full right now it's crazy! So that's also a problem, but really, I will try and see what we can do!!
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196