User Tag List

Thread: Best poi for me?

Best poi for me?

All my research has led me to these fantastic birds, and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as far as this group goes.
    My number 1 priority is the bird being freindly to strangers. I want to be able to have people over and be able to show them my bird without it freaking out, and I would like it If people could hold it too
    I also want it to make me laugh and play with me out of the cage a lot, and ride on my shoulder when I go places.
    Last I want to make sure I don't get a bird that will suddenly decide to hate me for no reason.
    Thanks!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Poi??? Got a pic or some article that you have been researching to share?

What do you mean by that

Super Moderator

Parrots

I'm confused.... the title of the thread says Best POI.... what is Poi? Point of Interest? The Hawaiian dish? You say...you've written all your research has lead you to these fantastic birds...... What birds? I know of no species called poi. What am I missing here? Sorry~

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    I'm confused.... the title of the thread says Best POI.... what is Poi? Point of Interest? The Hawaiian dish? You say...you've written all your research has lead you to these fantastic birds...... What birds? I know of no species called poi. What am I missing here? Sorry~
    Alice, if I may offer a hint... Please look at the first 3 letters in the title of this subforum category . Myers Parrots, Senegal Parrots, Cape Parrots, Jardine's Parrots, and Red-bellied Parrots belong to the Poicephalus species group.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Ah Tony, that was to easy~ Guess sometimes the obvious just isn't, to me thanks!

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Ah Tony, that was to easy~ Guess sometimes the obvious just isn't, to me thanks!
    I miss obvious things too at times, Alice... I think we all do. And the common names of each poicephalus species are more frequently used and more widely known. In any case, it's all good
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

8. The following user likes this post:

Lady (02-04-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I thought it was a fish! http://www.the-practical-pionus.com/
    Last edited by spiritbird; 02-04-2016 at 01:44 PM.

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (02-06-2016), plax (02-09-2016)

Yup, sorry for abreviating,
    so can anyone tell me about the different personnalities of these birds?
    Are senegals SHy?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Sorry I know very little about a Senegal except they are active and cute. As a group the Meyers and Senegal are African birds that are generally on the quiet side but there are always exceptions. Did you read the web page I gave you in the link?