User Tag List

Thread: 1-24-16 Salty is a good boy

Parrots

Yellow shouldered Amazon, Salty

1-24-16 Salty is a good boy

So sweet potatos is now Salty,s favorite vegie. He literally dives into them when we serve them for dinner, and has smushed tatties allover his beak and face, which requires a good wet nappie cleaning which he hates, after dinner.
    He also started to say a new phrase, Good Boy. He dont talk much, yet, but when he does, he is so clear and life like.
    And his laughs make us all crack up, which sets him off even more. Like a pack o laughing hyenas, i have to wonder what the neighbors must think.

Sorry for monopolizing this sub forum, am i the only Amazon owner here??? Maybe the only one who owns a not broken keyboard?
    HI , I am Salty, a yellow shouldered Amazon, hatched June 15, 2015. I will be a pirate someday, just like my daddy!

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-26-2016), kendrafitz (01-31-2016), Lady (01-30-2016)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Hey Al... my macaws love sweet potatoes as well. Just like Salty, their beaks and faces usually require a wipe down after the feast. And also just like Salty, they don't enjoy those clean up sessions very much

It's very nice that Salty now says "Good boy" . It's always a cool thing when they come out with new words and phrases.

And by the way, please post as much as you like... I enjoy reading about Salty, as I'm sure others do. Plus our site can certainly use the activity. Also, don't forget about Jean-Pierre's amazon, Casper
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-26-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Yep I'm still alive, mainly hi-jacking other people's threads but I mainly post my own stuff in the General forum and let a mod move it if there is a proper place for what I have written.
    I love your description of Salty enjoying his sweet potato which is also one of Casper's favourite veggies. Casper is also a firm advocate of the "beak first into the middle of the bowl" style of gourmet dining/diving and has become accepting under sufferance of having his beak wiped with a tissue.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Parrots

Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
    I purchased a $5 steamer from Amazon and have prepared both sweet potato and squash ( I forget what kind but it's orange and on the approved list...I don't eat squash myself). She prefers the squash but eats both. So far the only veggies she will even touch.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk
    Thanks,
    Bill
    &

7. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (01-31-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    That's a great idea Bill. Great price!
    Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

Steamer

Only takes a minute or two

Thanks,
    Bill
    &

Parrots

Kendra, thanks. I've also added ground pellets and chopped hot peppers with mixed results. I freeze them using the mini cube trays from my camper.

Thanks,
    Bill
    &

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Thank you for the link. I think I will give it a try.
    Rosie & Kendra

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I like that steamer. Put it on my wish list. Thanks Bill.