Hey guys! My birthday is approaching fast.. and I think I would like to adopt a bird!

The parrot rescue where I have helped out the last couple of months has a senegal, and I think we've really bonded! He would let me pet him, then I was allowed to get him out of the cage, and play with him. He is a very broken bird though sadly. He is 6 years old, and apparently I am the first human ever he has stepped up on willingly. He has bitten me very hard a few times, and sometimes just freaks out, but I think it would be really good for him to get out of that rescue situation and into a loving home like my own.

I have played with him a TON but recently I haven't had the time to go play, and he has lost his trust. I can no longer get him to step up or let me pet him without vicious bites, usually ending in bleeding and misread signals on my part. My birthday is in 3 months, and I really don't want to rush into anything and impulse buy a bird, I need to know that this would work with my lifestyle, and the fact that I have a bird at home that still needs to be played with.

I have the cage, and my room is all decked out with branches and ropes and toys hanging everywhere ( honestly it's quite sad it's more of a zoo than a bedroom XD ) and I can definately provide adequate food ( I get a great discount at this bird rescue ), toys, and vet visits, but I just need to know for sure, you know?

Anyways, I have heard great things about senegals but I want to hear from you guys all the little cute/not-so-cute things you little babs do (: I've really never worked with one before so owning one may be difficult if I don't know what to expect!