User Tag List

Thread: New lovebird cage!

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash

Red face New lovebird cage!

Woohoo! Merry Christmas to me!! I got my lovely lovebird a new cage, and it's magnificently huge!

His old cage was about 2ft x 1 1/2ft x 2 1/2 ft, which isn't very big... at all..., but I recently had saved the money for this monster of a cage which I believe is
    3 1/2ftx2ftx5ft and he loves it! I put in more perches and toys since I took this picture, but I need some more ideas for what to do with it!

I believe it's some brand of flight cage, and we have the same one for my 3 finches too ( you can kinda see it next to it in the corner haha ).

Now I have 1 wooden branch perch on the outside, 1 wooden stick perch on the outside, and a rope perch along the top so I can just open the door and he can climb all over. He is growing his wings to be flighted though, so I will need to move him to a bird safe room, but for now he's in the living room. You can see how big the cage is in comparison to him ( He's in the top of the middle on the left just hanging out ).

Did any of you guys get cages for christmas? If so, show some pictures!
    Attachments Attachments image.jpg  

2. The following user likes this post:

Mare (12-28-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Lots of room in that cage. @wingman got a new cage for his 2 baby Lovies Boo and Pumpkin.

Parrots

Awe that's awesome! I would love to see it!!!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Such a big, beautiful cage!! Lucky bird, indeed! What's on the bottom..some kind of litter.. stuff?

I have cockatiels and they love to chew on hemp/bamboo-y/Rastafarian type products. I bet Lovebirds would, too
    Last edited by Mare; 12-28-2015 at 04:51 AM.

6. The following user likes this post:

luckyandjenn (02-25-2017)

Parrots

Saw some of those toys while out at the store today and almost got them, but wasn't sure what he would think of it.. LOL maybe next time I will try it out!

and it is actually cat litter we use, I believe it's cardboard/wood. It's very good for bird droppings I've found and is pretty absorbent. Comes in almost a pill shape, I really like it! ( there's a grate bar thing in the bottom so he can't actually touch the litter by the way ) :P

8. The following user likes this post:

Mare (12-28-2015)

Does he use his cuddle hut? (Or whatever you call it.) I have one coming for Stevie Nicks and my cockatiel, Woodstock has one. But I just read not to use them for cockatiels because they only use them for nesting and might get agressive. I'm leaving Woodstock's in his cage for now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170222_214748.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	4834
    She decided to free herself, dance into the wind, create a new language. And birds fluttered around her, writing “yes” in the sky.
    Monique Duval

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    We just have a piece of fleece hanging in Casper's cage for him to cosy up to at night. he also snuggles against it when he has a nap during the day. I don't think it brings out the nesting instinct like the cuddle-huts, its more like having another bird to snuggle up to for comfort.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Can I help you.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	4835
    Last edited by Casper's 2nd best friend; 02-25-2017 at 07:30 PM.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

11. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-25-2017), Lady (02-26-2017), luckyandjenn (02-25-2017)