User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Names, do they truly live up to them?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Names, do they truly live up to them?

Our Sassy Goffin's, IS Sassy. She came to us, at 7yrs. old, pretty darn sassy. There are moments, when I wish her previous owners had named her Angel!
    Amigo is my best friend, so to me, his name is appropriate, it fits. Sassy's does too only because she IS.
    Mine truly live up to their names!

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Honesty (05-10-2013), Kalidasa (05-10-2013), mistywaterwoman (05-10-2013), roxynoodle (05-10-2013)

Codie was only 11 Weeks old when I had him. He was a cuddly sweet boy then and would go to anyone. My Daughter gave him his Name. Once he got to about 6 Months Old, he changed. He is now unpredictable and has lots of tantrums if he does not get his own way. A good name for him would have been " Frenzy " I think

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (05-10-2013), roxynoodle (05-10-2013)

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    I didn't know if Rowdy was a male or female when I got her so I named her for her personality. Is she Rowdy? Oh my goodness, yes!

We often have discussions about changing the spelling of Merlin's name since she's actually a girl. Well, I have a thread up on another forum about the weights of the female CAGs there and Merlin is in the lead as the biggest one. So maybe a boy's name suits her! There is one other though that is right behind her in weight, and all the others are quite a big smaller, lol!

Pete, well I guess it suits him as much as any other name. His previous owner though never knew if he was male or female. Within a few weeks of being here though I was positive male so I'm glad he wasn't a girl named Pete.

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Honesty (05-10-2013), Kalidasa (05-10-2013), Mare (05-10-2013), mistywaterwoman (05-10-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Pete, is a good name for a good guy. Our old German Shorthair Pointer dog is named Pete and he is a really good guy. My oldest son has a chihuahua, he named Chewy and she has lived up to her name, also!

8. The following 2 users like this post:

jessicas94lt1 (06-04-2014), roxynoodle (05-10-2013)

Parrots

White bellied caique named Meiko :)
    I do believe they live up to their names, which is why I always try to pick peaceful names!! Haha I made that mistake with my cat, Nero. Nero was a Roman emperor that turned out to be bad!!!!! He's a naughty kitty, but hopefully he'll grow out of it.

My German shepherd is 12 years old but she has always been a sweetheart. I named her Sakura after my favorite TV show when I was 12 (haha). But it also means cherry blossom, which is a beautiful, peaceful tree.

I recently picked the perfect name for my new feathered friend!!!! I decided to name him Puck after the mischievous little fairy in A Midsummer's Night Dream. Mischievous, but still sweet. A clown!! Perfect name for a caique.

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (05-11-2013), roxynoodle (05-10-2013)

Parrots

2 peach faced lovebirds (one is seagreen)
    I just wanted to give mine pretty, colorful names because they are such pretty colorful birdies. If I had to name them based on personality I probably would have to call Periwinkle "Pavarotti" instead. He sings long and loud and never shuts up. Honeydew is a character, lol. She would have to be called Diva or something like that. She's bossy, bratty, and a bit of a show off.

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (05-11-2013), roxynoodle (05-10-2013)

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    Idk I have met some birds with the names sweetie or sweetie pie and they are not so sweet at all lol! My baby girl is my baby but no one elses so she lives upto it, but not all the time do they live upto it so much.

14. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-11-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Justin, both of mine came to me as re-homes and I kept their names. I think if I ever got a brand new one, I would have to wait to brand a name on him/her. I would have to wait to see what they were like and see who they were.

16. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (05-11-2013)

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    Yea most if not all of mine came with names as well, but if I ever got a baby id have to do the same as you... The birds i have gotten and named all got names of old rock stars like jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, and other older musicians. Like my green Indian ring neck marley

18. The following 3 users like this post:

luckyandjenn (02-27-2017), Mare (05-11-2013), Pinkbirdy (05-11-2013)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Interesting thread, one I don't think I've seen before. Lady also came with her name and we kept it. She is a Lady sometimes but she also likes to make plenty of noise and cause a commotion.